She smiled. "Good. It's a reminder of who's the better gift-giver. It's me, of course."

  "Don't let me catch you off guard for our one-year, though. It's on."

  "Don't go bankrupt trying to outdo me."

  "Please," I mumbled.

  "You're right. Sometimes I forget that you are Janet Jackson."

I rolled my eyes and kissed her. "You should come running with us, honey. Today's an easy day." I zipped my jacket up a little higher.

  "No, you guys go ahead. I have some other business to take care of." She put her glasses back on and grabbed her laptop off of the nightstand.

  "Alright, Boss Lady." She grabbed my arm as I stood up to leave, pulling me down and kissing me once more, but rather passionately. It caught me off guard. "What was that for?"

  "Like I need a reason," she scoffed. "But that's a cute little workout fit you have on. And I told you yesterday, you're starting to fill out in all the right places."

  "That must mean it's almost time to get ready for another tour." I rolled my eyes and looked down at myself.

  "Absolutely not. Feels like I just got you back. Come here." Toni held her arms out for me.

   "Toni, I'm leaving in ten minutes. Don't you dare." I wagged my finger at her because I knew that look she was getting in her eyes. She set her laptop back over on the nightstand and patted her legs. Reluctantly, I sat on her lap.

"Why can't I just hold you for a little bit? What harm does that do?"

  "Because you know how much I hate exercising. I will cancel on him in a heartbeat."

  She laughed. "I know you would. But don't."

  "So stop rubbing on me like that."  I grabbed her hands away from my backside and held them in my own.

  "Oops," Toni said sarcastically.

"See? Let me get up. You play too much."

  "Wait, wait, wait, Jan. I just wanted to say, I might be gone by the time you get back, so is there anything you need me to do for you while I'm out?"

  "Hmm..." I tapped my chin and looked up at the ceiling. "How about while you're out, bring me back a hot fudge sundae, please?"

    "After your run? That's counterproductive."

  "Well, you offered, didn't you?"

  "Yeah, I guess I did." She sighed. "How about a nice smoothie, though? You like those too."

  "No, I'm on a chocolate kick right now... it's about to be that time of the month."

  "I see... I don't know. Depends on how far you run."

  "2 and a half today, if that really even matters. Are you gonna get me one, or not, Toni Michele?"

  "Fine. Only because you look so cute in that outfit."

  "And French fries?"

  "No!" She pushed me off of her. "Go ahead, I wanna get this done."

  "What are you working on?"

  "Mr. Manager and I are looking at some scripts for a few movies."

  "What? Since when?" I pushed her for not telling me. That was a big deal.

  "Calm down. Only a couple weeks."

  "When were you going to tell me?" I crossed my arms, standing up again to leave for the run for real this time.