Ruhee looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. She really did look pretty, and there was a different sparkle in her eyes. She picked up her mobile, and as per her friends demand, took a picture of her self in the mirror. She sent it in their group chatbox, and in two minutes she got a text.

Afza - Mashallah. You look beautiful, Ruhee.

Ruhee - Don't you have class?

Afza - We do.

Afza - But who is gonna notice us using our mobile from under our desk.

Afza - And we are using only mine.

Afza - Jian says you need to learn to take good pictures, but still you look lovely. 👌

Afza - Aina has tears in her eyes already.

Ruhee - Thank you, guys.

Ruhee - To be honest. I am quite nervous.

Ruhee - I have seen and lived with Aayan's family, but this is making me nervous.

Afza - It's just the jitters. It will be gone soon.

Just then, Aisha walks in, 'Let's go, Ruhee.' Ruhee nods her head and places her mobile down. She looks at herself in the mirror one last time, and takes a deep breath in. She looks at her sister and smiles, as they both exit her room. She could hear laughter and chatter as she approaches the living room. As soon as she reaches the living room, she looks up and greets everyone. Sitting in the living room, were Sahma, Shifa, Zainab and Faiz. They all smile at her as they greet her. She moves forward and sits down, 'Mashallah Ruhee, you look beautiful.' Zainab says, 'Yeah. May god bless you.' Shifa says, 'She is my daughter-in-law after all.' Sahma says, smiling at her. Ruhee smiles back at her.

Ruhee looks at the table to see some empty and some half filled tea cups, Sweets and Savoury snacks. She looks behind a sitting Sahma, to see a basket of fruits, well wrapped sweet boxes. Seeing all this Ruhee sighed.

They did go overboard.

'Ruhee.' her father calls to her. She looks at him and smiles, 'Since you and Aayan got married accidentally, we have decided to keep a proper nikkah.' Her father explains to her and others around nod, so Ruhee also nods, kinda getting it.

They want to keep an official Nikkah. Cool!

Her father nods at her and looks at Aisha and says, 'Aisha, take her in now.' Aisha nods and takes Ruhee in. As soon as they enter the room, Ruhee releases a breath that she didn't know she was holding. Aisha laughs at her sister and asks, 'Hungry?' 'Very.' Ruhee replies, 'I'll get you something.' Aisha says and leaves. Ruhee sits on the bed and thinks. She knows they must be discussing on how to put forth the wedding and of course the date. She knows her father and his conditions well, and she also knows that his conditions are based on their religion and nothing more. Nikkah and Valima together on the same day, no engagement ceremonies, haldi, tel ka rasm and all. Just a simple Islamic wedding. Ruhee knows that this is also not a pure Islamic wedding, but seeing these days weddings, it's thousand times better.

Aisha walks in with a tray and places it beside Ruhee. The tray consisted more savoury snacks than sweet, but all Ruhee cared was thai it was food, so she ate them. She was talking with her sister when there was a knock on the door. Ruhee's mother opens the door and says, 'Ruhee, they are leaving.' Sahma, Shifa and Zainab walk in from beside Mahira. They each come and give their goodbyes, 'See you in a month, Ruhee.' Sahma smiles to her and they all leave, seeing a confused Ruhee. Ruhee looks at her mother, 'Oh yes. Your Nikkah date has been fixed for next month. You know, after your semesters.' Ruhee's mother says and leaves.

Next month!!?

It was night time now and Ruhee was just laying on her bed, lost in her thoughts. Her mobile pinged and she picked it up. It was from Aayan. A smile grazed her lips. Aayan and Ruhee have not spoken to each other all day. She opens the text.

Husband - Sleeping?

Ruhee - Not yet.

Husband - Sleep, you have college tomorrow.

Ruhee - Okay.

Ruhee - Why are you still up?

Husband - Have some work to do. I'll sleep after it's done.

Ruhee - Don't exert yourself. Health comes first.

Husband - I know. 🙄

Ruhee - 😂😂

Husband - Ammu said you looked very beautiful. I wish could have seen you.

Ruhee - Then you can.

And Ruhee sends the picture she had taken of herself to him. After a few minutes, Aayan replied.

Husband - I am your husband, yet I am not allowed to see you. What the heck.

Ruhee - 😂😂

Husband - And Ammi was right, you look beautiful, very very beautiful.

Ruhee - Thanks.

Ruhee blushed at his compliment.

Husband - I now really wish I could have seen you.

Ruhee - We'll see each other soon.

Husband - Yeah.

After immense contemplation, Ruhee types.

Ruhee - Did you hear?

Aayan - About our wedding next month? I did.

Ruhee - Yeah, I wonder how all the preparations can be done in such a short time.

Ruhee - They could have at least set the date for three months later.

For some time, Aayan didn't reply. Ruhee thought he went back to work.

Husband - Yeah.

Ruhee - I always wanted my entire family to attend my wedding.

Ruhee - I wonder how my Phupi from Riyadh and Thayba from America will be able to come in such short notice?

Ruhee was really concerned about it. Her entire family in one picture at her wedding was her wedding dream.

Husband - You really want them to attend our wedding?

Ruhee - Badly.

Husband - Then they will.

Ruhee - How? In such short time?

Husband - They will. Don't worry.

Husband - You get married only once, so they won't miss it, for sure.

Ruhee - Really?

Husband - Really. 😊

Husband - Now go to sleep.

Ruhee - Okay.

Ruhee - Goodnight!

Husband - Goodnight.

And Ruhee rests her mobile on her chest, as she stares at her ceiling. Ruhee smiles and turns to her side and closes her eyes.

Ya Allah. I really wish they can make it to my wedding.