"Hello?" an overly peppy voice chimed through the receiver my eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"Is this Amanda, if so, how in God's name did you get my number?" I questioned in an unhappy voice while I accelerated down the road. The other end of the phone fell silent for a few seconds as I waited for them to answer my question.

"I got your number from Catherine, I-" I cut her off before she could compose the rest of her sentence, I know I was acting like a bitch but this girl hated me and I wasn't so fond of her either and for her to now have my number is just another thing to deal with.

"How did she get my number? I don't even talk to the girl." I seethed through gritted teeth while I turned the corner to get onto the by-pass to head back home.

"If you would let me finished, Wilson. She got it from Ryan, I think his name was. I called you to let you know I was going to be late but it went to voice mail. I had things to deal with first and I had to walk there." She explained, making me feel the slightest bit guilty for my cold-front until I remembered who she was. I felt my upper lip curl when I thought about working with her for the whole of this term, having to spend my weekends with her as if being at school with her wasn't enough.

I will no longer get a day off to myself.

"Yeah well, if you knew you weren't driving you should have left earlier." I snapped down the phone at her wondering why I haven't hung up on her yet. I shouldn't be on the phone while driving but then again I do send the odd text every now and then.

"Have I ever made an assumption about you?" she half yelled making me move the phone from my ear, my eyes looking out for my turning to get into the countryside.

"Yes, yes you have. Numerous times at school in case you're too dumb to recall anything from this week and the rest of the school year. You and your friends pretty much make my school life a misery. Goodbye, DeCeno." I said getting ready to hang up when I heard her call, wait.

"In case you don't recall, that was my friends never me. Yes, I act cold towards you because I simply dislike you but not once have I shoved you or smacked your books from out of your hands. I have never done anything to you." She said defending herself, "meet me tomorrow at the library, same time. And for your information I don't drive, I just got held up at home, not that I have to explain myself to you." She said dryly hanging up the phone on me, all I could do was chew on the inside of my cheek after having her snap at me.

I threw my phone into the passenger seat, not wanting to deal with any of this right now. The side I was speaking about that I hadn't been on with Amanda, well, I think I'm on her bad side now. At least tomorrow will be eventful and not boring to keep me on my toes.

I turned the music back up in my car letting my current thoughts of annoyance slip away slowly, trying to forget about Amanda, about Ryan and Catherine I just wanted to get home and slob around the house grateful that I didn't have to work this weekend and could do as I pleased.

When I arrived home Ryan was leaning against the side of his car with his arm crossed over his chest with his hand tucked under his armpit, his head looking down at his phone before looking at my car as I pulled up next to his. I climbed out leaving my bag on the passenger seat since I was going to be returning back there tomorrow morning.

He opened his mouth to speak only to have me hold my hand up to his face to keep him silent not wanting to hear his voice right now with my head shaking slightly as I walked to my door. Once inside I kicked my shoes off into the corner leaving Ryan to close it shut behind him while I walked into the kitchen and went straight for the fridge to get some water when I slammed it shut to turn around and face him.