0

The first day of college for tens of thousands of students from everywhere around the world. It seemed like a normal campus, all the students gathered around before classes, always busy, studying, practicing... sure. Every night, same place, same time. Music, lights, money, drugs, and most importantly, cars. Cars were one of the highlights of the night, all because of a group of friends. although we're not starting there right away.

Los Angeles was great, life was great. The first Friday after March break rolled around, which always meant the first day of the racing scene. People had their cars lined up around the abandoned-looking warehouse, which had a long dirt road surrounded by tall grass and bush connecting to another facility. It was around 11:00 at night, the cold breeze coming from the nearby ocean slowly drifting through the weeds creeping between the pavement. The stream of cars directed by hired guards was slowly being denied, they had reached their limit with at least ten groups still wanting access, it goes to show how popular the street scene here was. The lights from inside the warehouse could be seen from the other warehouse, hundreds of metres away, but the music could be heard farther. The bands blasted their covers and original music through the speakers for all to hear.

The races were about to start. The classic tournament style. Two racers go head-on, the winner then advances. The first round of the night, Cole Rosewell against Chase Hart. They've always been the type to "rival" one another, but nobody could tell. Cole is the school's most famous racer, he's been doing it for years and has had all the funding he requires from his father. His brother Gabe, on the other hand, was more into the arts and wasn't even spoiled that much, although he didn't mind.

Chase was considered to be one of the more quiet racers, quite under the radar and wasn't super into having the spotlight like Cole. He enjoyed vintage-looking clothing, usually wearing his dad's old leather jackets and bomber jackets. He had straight brown hair with a middle part, was around 6 feet tall and was on the slimmer side. He always raced in his dad's bomber jacket from his old racing club and he owned a few cars, but wasn't super into it like some of the others. He enjoyed it, but really only saw it as something he liked and not a serious hobby, so he didn't race that much.

Cole's hair was chocolate brown and slightly curled at the front, he always wore designer brands like Off-White, Supreme, and Gucci to the races, which is probably why all the girls always fell for him. He was the most attention-prone out of his friends, because of his appearance, which pretty much screamed 'money'. Even if Cole's hair was way curlier than Chase's, they were mistaken for brothers more than expected. Although Cole's actual brother, Gabe, didn't look like his brother. Gabe had light brown hair, tied in a small ponytail. Gabe also wore glasses, and normally wore more comfortable clothes compared to his brother. People told Gabe he was the "innocent" looking one, maybe because of his unusual amount of happiness (caused by coffee, of course), and the fact that he looked like he was 15, although that wasn't very far off.

The race was about to begin, the red Lamborghini Aventador, belonging to Cole, and black McLaren 720S with Chase inside pulled up to the start, where a woman in suggestive attire was standing, holding a white flag in her right hand. "You know the rules, stay in your lanes, don't kill your opponent, yadda yadda." Cole rolled his eyes. He had been doing this for how many years now, he knew the rules pretty well. Chase just focused his eyes in front of him, he was pretty nervous, it was his first official race against Cole, hell it was even Cole's car he was borrowing. Oh well.

The woman looked straight in between the two cars, screaming almost at the top of her lungs. "THREE, TWO, ONE, GO! GO! GO!"

The two sports cars hit the gas as they rushed forwards, the crowd screaming from either side, placing their bets of hundreds, even thousands of dollars on these two boys. The 600-metre track didn't seem so long when you're going this fast. The pitch black of the night was disturbed by the loud roaring of the two cars. It was tough, Cole slowly creeping up to Chase, as Chase increased his speed. Cole had no other option, he put his foot as far down as possible as he made his way up to Chase's level, waving and winking at him before speeding up ahead of him and passing him towards the finish line. Cole had won once again, but he didn't anticipate the stop at the end of the track. Shit shit shi- he drove straight into a tree, damaging the car and being left with some minor injuries. Hey, at least he won the race.