Chapter 1

"Whitney I love you and I only want you. We fuss but it's okay, I know where my heart is and it's in your hands."

These are the words that I heard ringing in my ear over and over all the way home. I'm Whitney Johnson and I'm in love with Amarquis Brownlee . Well that's at least what I thought before my life took a turn for the worst.

*ring* off goes my alarm clock before I hit the snooze button for at least 5 more minutes of sleep when suddenly my phone vibrates with a iMessage from him.

My Love
Good morning beautiful . Rise and shine, you have school so wake up ❤️

I felt an uncontrolled smile rush across my face after I read this message . Wow is this love? I thought to myself. I can't imagine a day or a second without this wonderful guy in my life . He makes everything so much better than what it is . He makes my heart flutter .

I was such in deep thought about him that I don't even recognize that my sister, Lauren, had walked in.

"Mmmm" she said laughing coming closer to my bed. "Must be another message from baeeee." She cooed

I smiled so hard my jaws start hurting. "Yes, it is.

"Ugh, y'all slick cute or whatever but if you don't hurry up and get out the bed then we are going to be late for school" She said throwing a pink and black zebra printed pillow at me and walking out the room.

"Time to get ready for another day at the hell hole we call school." I said sarcastically finally getting up out of the bed.

We got ready for school and head out the door when my mom, Shelia, yelled, "Don't forget that your brother has basketball practice after school Whitney"

I rolled my eyes, "Yes ma'am, Lazy ass." I mumbled under my breath before heading out.

It was finally my last class of the day and I could not wait to get out. This Chemistry class was boring as hell and the only thing that made it better was that all my girls was in here with me.

My best friends are Lay Lay, Tete, Joi, and my sister Lauren.

Laylay is the fashionista psycho of the group.

Then there is Kentiarra or Tete. We call her Tete because she is always spilling the tea ☕️.

Joi is the mean one of the group but she will always tell you what's on her mind.

My sister Lauren is the silly one that can make you pee on yourself from laughing and then there is me, Whitney, the one is a good innocent girl who can be sensitive at times but what girl isn't?

These are my girls, my best friends, the ones that were always there when I needed a shoulder to cry on or some bomb ass advice. They never left me but have always been beside me to help me.

My gay teacher, Mr. Gordon, interrupted my thoughts with his loud voice, "PUT YOUR PHONES UP OR IM GOING TO START WRITING, NOW IM TIRED OF IT"

Just about everyone in the class started to laugh because he thinks he runs us. He swears he's a good teacher but don't be teaching us nothing.

Lauren turned around and flipped her bra strap length hair over her shoulder, "What are you doing after school today? You know we gotta a Economics paper due next week."

I gave her a smirking look telling her everything she needed to know. Her dramatic ass started faking like she was about to throw up.

I playfully hit her in the arm and laughed at her. Since we had a few minutes left in class, I started packing my book bag.