Chapter 10

I told lies not because I didn't care. It was because I did.
-Amarquis

<>

Amarquis

<>

It's been a week since I've seen or heard from Whitney. I've been calling and txting her everyday but of course she never replies. I just know that she will never talk to me again after finding out about Ashlyn. I've been so depressed that I haven't even been to see Ashlyn or my son.

When I woke up, I just stared at the ceiling, contemplating on whether to get up or to just stay in bed.

About 20 minutes later I got a call from Damian telling me to meet him at the trap house in an hour.

I slowly rolled out the bed and let my feet touch the cold hard floor. After stretching, I get up and head to the shower.

I turn the shower on steaming hot and just got in. This water represents how I felt on the inside. I'm angry at myself for not realizing what I had and how stupid I am not to see and treasure her.

I don't deserve Whitney. I honestly don't. I know I don't but I need her to live. She's like the air I need to breathe. With her I feel complete and that explains why I haven't been myself lately.

When I got out of the shower, I wrapped up in a white towel. I looked at myself in the mirror then began to brush teeth.

I went to my room to see a random chick from the trap house in my bed. Yeah I slept with her last night but that's just me. That's what niggas do. Trying to mend the pain of a broken heart.

"Aye it's time for you to get out. Get your shit and get back to work". I told the caramel complexed girl throwing her two piece bathing suit at her.

"You not gone take me back there?" She said grabbing her shoes

"Bitch, you found a way here so find a way back to work" I said pushing her out of my room and closing the door behind her.

After finishing up in the bathroom, I went to my closet to find something to wear.

I choose a black polo shirt with the red pony, black Levi's, and some all red Jordan's.

I put on some cologne and my chain. I decided to go see Ashlyn after I meet at the trap house since she is all I have now.

I didn't feel like eating so I skipped breakfast. I grabbed my phone, keys and wallet and locked up my house.

<>

"Look I'm telling you what we need to do, we need to leave that guy alone from Mexico. Something about him just don't seem right" I said.

"We sell out of his stuff first. We need every ounce that we can get" Damian said leaning up in his chair.

We were in a meeting discussing what's been selling and what hasn't been. We've been coming up short in the books so we were trying to fix the problem.

"Why would you want to cut off that money? That don't make sense Amarquis. Where is your head today?"

"Man I'm straight, it's just that it doesn't feel right. Yeah the money good but he just seem sneaky" I shook my head at the thought of this man. He seemed really shady.

"Man I'm following orders from your daddy. Right now he in charge so fuck all that you talking about. Everybody this meeting over with. I'll call the dude and see if he can ship us some more of that stuff. Yall get back to work" Damian said getting up from the table

"Hell Nawl nigga who you thinking you talking to? My dad ain't here now so I'm in charge in here. Yall better sit yall asses down before I put a bullet in your damn head." I said pulling out my 9 mm from my belt.