『𝟏𝟑』𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋 𝟐𝟕𝐓𝐇, 𝟖𝟓𝟎 𝐀𝐓 𝟎𝟒:𝟒𝟓

⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

  "Are you guys awa-... Of course you are, section commander." you heard the deep whisper of a male voice say, and you slowly became aware of the soft glow of light that emanated from a lantern behind you. The rustling of papers sounded in the tent, and you squinted your eyes open, seeing the tent wall that your cot was against before closing them and letting out an almost inaudible groan -not wanting to move yet while your body was still tired- but turning around nonetheless. "I was just rereading things, Moblit." the voice of Hanji spoke, a grogginess added to it that suggested she hadn't spoken in a little while, "Got to remember all of this stuff somehow, y'know?"

  "Sure, sure." Moblit said, and based on his tone you could almost imagine him rolling his eyes -probably guessing that even without rereading whatever she was, she would still be able to recite the material flawlessly- before he continued, "Can I count on you to make sure she actually gets up?"

  "You can count on me as much as you can count on titans being the most confusing organism outside the Walls."

  You heard a partially unamused puff of air leave from a mouth -you assumed it was Moblit's- before a few steps were taken, followed by some more papers moving about and then the rustling of fabric, "Just make sure she's ready in ten minutes. The earlier we do it, the better the chances of it going smoothly."

  "Got it, boss."

  "In your dreams, section commander." You could only assume that Moblit had left the tent, the cloth of the structure not only producing a sound as he brushed past it, but also the dull clicks of his boots on the dirt floor telling you that he was most likely leaving. A sigh came from across the room, now in front of you given that you had turned over and faced away from the wall directly behind you, and not too long after a voice spoke up as well, "You heard him, (Y/N). Ten minutes until we set them free..." she said before muttering to herself, "They grow up so fast..." The brunette snickered at her own joke, and it wasn't long after that you weakly chuckled and opened your mouth to ask a question, opting to keep your eyes shut and swim in the semi-darkness, "What time is it anyways...?"

  "About zero four fifty," she said before adding, "I think so anyways."

  You let out a grunt as you forced yourself to sit up on your cot -it wasn't the most comfortable accommodation, but it didn't leave you as sore and stiff as you thought it would have- pushing your blanket off of your body and to the side as you opened your eyes. Before you was Hanji, scanning over a book that you thought you had remembered packing however many days ago, and a quick glance over to the bookbag that had contained the notes you brought over confirmed it when you saw it less stuffed and less organised, 'I guess that's what she was rereading. Must be kinda funny to reread your work, considering she wrote the majority of it. Granted it could be my notes, but either way it doesn't matter, we share them anyways.'

  "So five hundred is go-time?" you asked for clarification, looking down at your palms -they were decorated with cuts and scabs, a few of them barely noticeable and some of them hard not to notice- you ran your thumbs against the lacerations as you spoke. "Seems so!" she said as she closed a particular book she was reading -mentally noting which page she had left on as she glanced at the bottom- before standing up and walking to a table that had been brought along with everything else, "You go ahead and get changed," she said before fake coughing, "Because I know some people like to waste time."

  Standing up, you shot a playful glare at her, "At least I don't scare the titans away with my stink."

  She rolled her eyes as she turned her back to you, giving the privacy you would need, "It's a defence mechanism!" You snorted before you sent back a retort, "Yeah, sure it is." You could see her shake her head as she messed around with papers that were already haphazardly placed on the table, 'She must have stayed up much later after I went to sleep to already have it that big of a mess.' her mocha hair that was in its loose -and consequentially, messy- ponytail that danced around her shoulders before it settled down.