𝟏𝟕. 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡

i am beyond nervous for these chapters plz don't hate me y'all ❤️

after you and spencer cleaned yourselves up, you offered to drive him to work. he accepted, of course. you drove, having a normal and playful converstation. the thought of the text spencer saw on your phone popped into his head and he began to speak,

"hey, wait, quick question." he said, glancing over at you.

"shoot." you said, yawning quietly.

he fiddled with his hands,

"when you went to use the restroom, i picked your phone off of the floor. as i did, it lit up and there was a text on it. it read-" he started, using his fingers to make air quotations,  "good morning y/n. i see you haven't responded to my text. i just wanted to say, i hope your wednesday goes well. i know you don't like days like these." he rested his hands back on his lap and looked over at you. 

you furrowed your eyebrows in fake confusion, 

"i don't remember seeing a text like that. was it from this unsaved number?" you asked, your stomach tightening in a knot. spencer nodded,

"720-842-1455 to be exact." he said, pursing his lips as he rocked his head back and forth slowly in a nod. you reached one of your hands up and behind your ear, scratching your head. you swallowed,

"oh, yea, just an old friend. we left off on bad terms." you lied, your tone dull. you truly didn't know who this random number was spencer studied you for a moment,

"okay." he simply said. you ran your tongue along your bottom gumline. 

spencer didn't believe you, and you knew that he didn't.

it had been about 7 weeks since the florida trip now, and you and spencer were still hooking up when you could. you didn't really know what you were, and to be honest with yourself, you were afraid to talk with spencer about it. 

in these past few weeks though, you'd been feeling odd. you'd felt nauseous, tired all the time, and strangely, a frequent urge to pee. you'd also began seeing small blood spotting in your underwear. you didn't think much of it, until you began to get cramps. one night after work, out of complete curiosity, you pulled out your phone and typed in 'how to know if you're pregnant'. obviously you knew the signs, but you couldn't believe you might actually be pregnant. yea, you and spencer had unprotected sex on multiple occasions, but you never thought you'd actually get pregnant.

foolish.

your hands began to get clammy as you read on website after website. all the symptoms you were having were definitely signs of pregnancy. you stood up from your couch in your sweatpants and hoodie, grabbing your car keys that sat on a counter next to your front door. you put on a pair of white vans that you had sitting next to your door in an attempt to rush. you shuffled to your garage and got into your car quickly, driving to your closest drug store.

the man watched you leave your driveway again from his own white car that sat parked infront of your house. he snapped a few pictures as you drove away, following you.

you reached the drug store and got out, glaring at the white car that pulled into the parking spot next to you just a little too close. you walked in, the buzzing of the cheap lights overhead filling your ears. you went straight to the feminine care section, lifting your head as you heard the door to the store open. you looked back at what you were doing. your eyes landed on a pack of pregnancy tests. with a resisting hand, you grabbed the box. you sheepishly walked up to the front counter. you waited behind a man buying a pack of cigarettes. you felt eyes on you, looking up to the mirror in the corner of the room. you could see the man infront of you eyeing you in the reflection. he blinked slowly and looked back at the cashier as he saw you notice him. he turned after paying to leave. you watched him go. although he wore a dark hood and most of his face was shaded out, he reminded you of your ex. you shook it off as paranoia, watching him get into the white car next to you. you looked back at the woman cashier waiting for you. as you took a step forward, you felt your heart pick up it's pace. 

you were really doing this.

you slid the tests across the counter and the woman eyed you,

"everything okay, hon?" she asked. her voice was raspy and infected with a hard smoker's voice. her hair was gray and she was older. maybe in her late 50's. you nodded slowly,

"yea." you cleared your throat, shifting your weight on your feet uncomfortably. you didn't make eye contact with her, either looking to the side or at the floor. she scanned it,

"12.99." she said, bagging it up. you pulled out a 20 dollar bill from your wallet and tossed it onto the counter,

"keep the change." you muttered, snatching the plastic bag from her and making a quick exit. with a huff, you got into your car. you started the ignition and drove away as fast as you could.

he took a puff of his cigarette, watching his rear view mirror as you backed up, your tires screeching as you sped away.

you reached your house again, pulling into your driveway and nearly running into your wall. you got out and stormed inside. pressing the button to the garage, you slammed the door behind you and took a sharp turn down your hallway. you walked to your bedroom, then into your bathroom. you set the bag on the counter, taking out the box of tests. you fumbled open the cardboard box, grabbing a test. you closed your eyes and let out a long breath through your nose. this had to be a dream. 

you walked to your toilet and reluctantly pulled your pants down, pushing the test under your legs. you rested your head in your hand as you began to pee on the test. after you were finished, you grabbed a small wad of toilet paper, setting it on the counter under the rod of plastic. you sat on the toilet with your head in your hands. you waited about 5 minutes, then stood up. you pulled up your pants and flushed the toilet with your eyes closed. you felt lightheaded, your stomach bubbling with nervousness,

"3...2...1..." you muttered. on 1 you opened your eyes and looked at the test resting on the counter. you reached forward and grabbed it, lifting it to your eyes to get a better look. on the result window, 2 pink lines shone brightly against the white background. your other hand flew to your open mouth, your eyes widening. you set the test on the counter and backed up, your back hitting your wall. your knees buckled and you slid down to the floor, burying your face into your hands.

how could you have been so foolish?

his anger rose up in his chest as he watched you go inside with the tests in the bag. he knew what the outcome would be. he knew what he had to do.

......get ready.....