𝟗. 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐮𝐩 𝐬𝐞𝐱

also sorry everyone for only 1 chapter today (its a long one), i've been going thru some stuff in personal life and its just a giant headache :(

you stood there as spencer left your room. again. you felt like a hole was widening in your stomach, your body numb. you sank back down onto your couch, angry at yourself and everything. 

how could you mess things up so bad?

spencer left your room as he felt his heart break even more. he paused for a moment after he slammed your door to look behind himself at the wall. he shook his head and walked back down the hall to his room. 

you finally got up and walked to your bedroom, taking off your robe and forcefully throwing it onto the floor. you practically slammed your body onto your bed, attempting to sleep.

spencer did the same thing, except in a much calmer way. he stripped down to his boxers and climbed in between the soft comforter and sheets. he laid on his back, resting his hands together on his stomach. his hair fell onto the pillow behind him as he pushed it back with a heavy sigh. he rolled onto his side, curling up into a ball.

you fell asleep relatively quickly after cursing yourself out, of course. you knew you had to do something to make up for what had happened the past few days, and as a thanks to spencer for helping you with james.

to solve that, you got up early and rinsed yourself off in cold water to start a new day. you changed into a denim skirt, putting on a red tank top to go with it. you tied your hair up quickly into a ponytail and slid your socks on. you walked out to your front door and put on your white nike airforces. you did admit, you looked kinda basic, but it was hot and you didn't really care.

you grabbed your wallet, phone, and room key then left through your front door. you walked down the hall and eventually made your way out of the entrance to the small, luxury hotel you were staying in. you took a deep breath, looking at the busy streets ahead of you. you took out your phone and searched, 'cafes near me'. a few local places showed up, and you eventually chose one called 'frozen brews cafe'. it was only a 8 minute walk from you, and you figured you could use the fresh air. you clicked on 'directions' and it began your route. you followed it, looking around at the shops you would pass, tempted to step in. you held yourself back as you sped your pace up. 

finally reaching the cafe, you opened the door to be greeted by a small bell ringing and a warm, cozy, breeze being blown up into your face. you looked around as you walked up to the counter, your nose being filled up with the sweet smell of fresh pastries. you took a few more steps and ordered a hot coffee and a vanilla cake pop. you'd seen spencer eating them during work a lot, so you figured he'd like them.

spencer laid awake in his bed, hugging his pillow. he wondered if he could last these 2 days in florida, or if he would decide to leave early with rossi. he jumped slightly as he heard a knock on his room door. he sat up slowly, flipping the covers off of himself and turning to get up. he planted his feet on the floor with a sigh then stood up, grabbing a pair of soft sweatpants with snowman patterns on them. 

ironic that he'd bring those to a florida trip.

he walked out of his bedroom, across the living room and to the front door. he opened it slowly, pushing his bedhead hair out of his face,

"oh, hey hotch.." he said with a tired tone,

"hey kid. we might have to cut the trip early because recently a case reopened. a super high profile case as well, super important. just wanted to warn you," hotch said, starting to walk away. spencer stood there, dumbfounded,