And say goodbye | F.I. x Reader | (3/3)

Start from the beginning

The awkwardness that set itself between us at first slowly dissipates as we dive in the memories. It suddenly makes me remember why did I love Frank in first place and, what's probably the worst: that I still love him. I guess, at least. My heart still jumps a bit when he flashes his smug grin or furrows his eyebrows in a specific manner whenever confused. This makes me feel a bit bad for Pete, but I already know how to sort things out.

.

"Hey!" I grin as opening the door to see Patrick and Ray standing there. "I was actually going to call you two over! I may need your help," I breathe a desperate chuckle, stepping aside to let them in.

"We heard you went on a date with Frank and decided to come check on you," Patrick explains as sitting on the armchair, shooting me a fake innocent look that practically says I know exactly what you need.

I roll my eyes as closing the door behind me and sitting beside Ray on the bed. "You two have these angel vibes, but you're actually from the last circle of hell, aren't you?" A chuckle escapes my lips as the two shrug with smirks over their faces.

"Anyways, tell us already," Ray rushes me, "how was it? How was the kiss? Frank had an enormous grin earlier when coming back and talking with Gerard and Mikey," he says slyly, "it even looked like he was stepping on clouds."

"Ray, c'mon," I say, blushing. "First, it wasn't a date," I point at Patrick – who nods slowly in fake amusement – then turn to Ray, "second, we didn't kiss. We just talked. We couldn't even hug each other properly when saying goodbye. Anyways, with this, I noticed something, guys." Nervousness suddenly takes over me again and I start playing with my fingers to distract myself from it. "I... Maybe I still love Frank. But I also like Pete a lot. I don't know who to choose..." My heart heaves in my chest as I sigh, feeling better with Ray rubbing my back soothingly.

"So, we're doing it the classic way," Patrick says as grabbing his phone. I'm confused until he continues, "first describe Pete and then Frank."

"Okay," I nod, "um, Pete just looks nice at all, he's handsome-"

"No, no," Ray cuts me off. "We don't want you to focus on their looks, but on them as people. We'll see the pros and cons. Don't hold back any detail," he completes, "everything you like, hate." He shrugs, signing it's up to me. A small hum comes from me as I start to think and he adds, "take the time you need."

"Okay, about Frank," I hold back a sheepish grin, running a hand through my hair to somehow cover my excitement a bit, with Ray observing me intently. "Frank's pretty supportive, but he also motivates me into doing things. We always laugh a lot when we're together. He understands me a lot and I can practically ask him to come over paint my nails in the middle of the night and he will," I chuckle at myself. "Also, he always remembers all the small details about me and knows how to cheer me up... I love how he always cares about me, he's also so attentive." Patrick nods as typing on his phone.

"And Pete..." I start again, biting on my lips as I thoughtfully look at the nothing. "Let's see..." There's silence until I start speaking, kinda awkward now. "Pete's always there for me, he always listens to me and helps me through the situations. He's more of a good listener. He supports me a lot too, in everything. We like a lot of things in common, he..." I look around, thinking more. "Things are just normal with him." Shrugging, I look at Patrick – he isn't taking notes anymore. "What?" I ask, not understanding the look he shoots me. "Why aren't you typing?"

"Well," he chuckles, throwing his hands in the air, "sorry, (y/n), it's very clear you love Frank. Honestly, we knew all time long, but you probably would still be insecure if we just told it to you without any way of justifying it. So that's why we decided to do it," he smiles.

I furrow my eyebrows, about to question him how is he so sure of it when Ray answers it himself. "You said love when describing Frank, but didn't when you described Pete," he has a similar smile on his face, kind of a supportive one. "You already knew it yourself if you related Frank to this word, but not Pete."

"Oh..." I trail off, thinking as I blush, letting things set in in my mind.

"What are you waiting for?" Patrick asks with a chuckle, standing up from his place. "Go tell Frank about it already, I bet the poor guy is being mentally tortured by his thoughts, wondering what did you think about the date." While he speaks, Ray goes and open the door, nodding lightly towards the outside when I catch his gaze.

"You guys are the best! Thanks a lot!" I exclaim with a grin as walking out of the room, about to rush to Frank when I remember I need to solve things up with Pete first. I hesitantly walk to Pete's room, standing there for a good minute before finally knocking on the door.

The door opens to show Pete with a sad look, but the way his face brightens up as soon as he sees me does make my heart sting a bit. "(Y/n)! You're back, come in!" He steps aside, closing the door behind him after I walk in the room. "So...?" Anxiety mixes itself with hope as he presses his lips together in a smile, looking at me from under his eyelashes.

"Ah, well," I breathe out as looking away. As much as it's difficult, it needs to be done. I'm not stopping myself from going after the guy I love and be happy just because I'm afraid to hurt another person. That's how it is, unfortunately. "I actually love Frank. I do like you a lot, but I see you more as my best friend rather than as my boyfriend, Pete." I try to make it quick.

When I look up, his eyes are teary; nonetheless, he smiles as nodding. Exhaling, I furrow my eyebrows, trying to push away the guilt, and move to hug him – he holds a hand up to show he doesn't want it and I respect his choice, walking out of the room. I can listen to him sobbing a bit as I close the door, but it's not really my fault. I can't control my feelings.

After a brief pause to recollect myself, I grin again in happiness, running as starting to look for Frank. Thankfully, I find him probably in the way to his room and practically throw myself on him in a hug from behind; it almost makes both of us fall.

"Hey!" He says with a chuckle, turning around once I let go. "What's up?" Frank asks with anxiety clear on his eyes, flickering over me in an attempt of finding out what's happening.

"Alright, so," I regain my breath, chuckling out of happiness and leaving him more confused. "I made a choice. Frank, I..." It hits me that I'm not completely sure if he still returns the feelings, but I've came too far to give up now. "I broke up with Pete because I love you, Frank, I still love you-"

Before I can finish it, Frank shuts me up with a kiss. His lips are just so perfect against mine and it finally feels just right, I couldn't be happier. There's no weird feeling like when Pete kissed me.

My breathless state, however, doesn't allow the kiss to be too long, so we pull away after some seconds, grinning widely. "Also," I rest my forehead against his, a hand over his shoulder while the other pokes his chest. "If you fucking leave again," I tell him, my grin turning into a smirk, "things aren't going to be pretty, okay? You better think well."

He moves away lightly to nod frantically, his arms wrapped around my torso, eyes lingering over my lips. "I won't, I promise, I love you a lot," he chuckles though seeming to take it seriously and wastes no time in locking our lips together again.

______________