Part 2. Our Worlds Entwining

Start from the beginning

Manik and he grew up together as really close friends. They both were closer than any of the other Fab 5 members. Everything about their life was the same. In fact, the irony of life was that they both were/are in love with the same women as well - Alya and Nandini. But somehow, Manik had managed to have a decently happy relationship with Alya before and now, he was more than just happy with Nandini whereas, Nandini didn't even think of him as boyfriend material and his relationship with Alya was screwed up and somewhere down the line, he believed both his relationships didn't work because of Manik.

But how did Manik just manage to get everything he wanted without even trying.

His thoughts were suddenly disrupted when he heard Nandini coming...

Nandini - Hi guys...

She was carrying a tray full of cups for everyone and started distributing them amongst everyone.

Nandini - Alya, here's your jasmine green tea, Dhruv and Cabir, here's your masala chai, Mukti's cappuccino and Manik, here's your earl grey tea. I thought you'd have been practising for really long and could use a break.

Mukti - The coffee is soo good Nandini. Did you make it?

Nandini - I'm glad you liked it.

Cabir - Tune Nandini ke haath ki masala chai nahi pee hai. It's amazing. Ab kisi aur ke haath ki chai acchi hi nahi lagti.

Nandini - Don't over-exaggerate Cabir. Besides, maine Chachi se seekhi hai yeh chai banana. So you should thank her. By the way, maine tum logon ko disturb toh nahi kiya na? I just barged in.

Manik pulled her close to him and wrapped an arm around her pecking her cheek.

Manik - Haan. you totally disturbed us.

Nandini - Manik.. Stop it.. Everyone's here.

Manik - So? When has that ever mattered to me?

Nandini - Listen. Stay away from me or else tumhe bhi cough ho jayega. And don't forget you have to sing.

Manik - Are you feeling better now though? Fever toh nahi aaya na?

Nandini - I'm better now. The medicines and the haldi wala doodh helped.

Manik - Good.

Nandini - Waise. Ek baat poochu? Tumne haldi wala doodh kyu piya?

Manik - Because you had to drink it and I know you don't like it. It's like the vinegar logic. You drink it, I drink it.

Nandini - You know what, agar hum abhi terrace pe sab ke saath nahi hote na, then I would've kissed you.

Manik - Dammit. Yeh humaare kisses ki timings itni kharab kyu hoti hai?

Nandini elbowed him on his stomach.

Nandini - Tum thode zyaada besharam nahi ho gaye ho aajkal?

Manik - Pehle se hi tha. Woh toh I was behaving myself in front of you.

Nandini - So why have you stopped behaving yourself now?

Manik - Because now you should know my real side also na.

Nandini - Mr. Manik Malhotra. I already know the real side of you. Anyway, I have to go study now aur tumhari kiss pending hai. Come soon or else pata nahi, mera mood change ho jaaye?

Manik - Ms. Nandini Murthy, I think by now you know I have the power to change your mood quite easily.

Nandini - Hahaha. Very funny!