You're not even HUMAN! so why are you living with us?!?! Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Lauren's POV

When I got to my room, I closed the door. I leaned against it. After a few minutes of standing there, a question popped into my head: How come, when I jumped no one payed any attention to me? And Why?

My heart started to beat fast and before I knew it, I was across the room with my phone in my hand dialling my aunt's number.

"My, my, my. You must be the girl everyone's going crazy for," a male voice said from the treehouse outside. I looked up and my eyes widened. His wings weren't anything like the guy on the table's wings were. (Or any wings I've ever seen for that matter). These wings were black, sharp, and bony with a dark cloak that covered his whole seven foot (or more) frame. His hair was long and a gothic like colour yet, his eyes were a strange orange colour but had a green middle. As if his eyes were an eye inside of an eye.

He raised a dark eyebrow at me. "So you can see me? Oh my, even more fun." 

My aunt finally picked up, "Hello? Laurie? What's up?"

I was shaking now. He knew that I could see him. That's not good. If a faery knows that you have the sight, then they'll rip your eyes out. I sighed in relief. "Oh good, it was just a squirrel or something." I looked down and the man laughed.

"Huh? A squirrel? Is that what you call me?" 

My aunt sighed.

The man jumped from the treehouse into my room. "It's going to take more than that pathetic lie to convince me, Titania. Or should I say Lauren?" I took a step back and my door flew open. Standing there, at the door way was Julian and faery guy glaring at the man.

I turned around completely, my full attention on Julian. "Julian? What are you doing in my room?" He nearly ignored me but faery guy grabbed his shoulder before he took a step towards the man.

"Oberon, Titania. Or have you forgotten that she won't be able to see you anymore if you take off your glamour? Aren't you the one who told me that she wasn't a Nishan?"

I watched him, trying not to smirk or look like I could see the two faeries in the room. Julian sighed and looked over at me. "I heard you shriek."

************************************************************************

"Laurie, wake up, baby. Wake up. WAKE UP!!"

I groaned and rolled over so that whoever was yelling at me saw my back. I dug my face into my pillow a bit more and smiled to myself. They sighed and I felt weight on the edge of my bed that wasn't there before. (They must be sitting.) "Babe, you get to miss school today and all you want to do is sleep? Really?" The way they said it made me lift up my head. I turned and looked at the woman sitting at the edge of my bed with her pretty green eyes and her now short auburn hair.

I jumped up and hugged her. "Aunt Halley!!"

Cyrano's POV

I balled my hands into fists as Oberon (or should I say Julian) put on a white shirt. "I can't believe you're leaving to go to that-that-that disgusting mortal filled school!" I spat out. 

He turned to me, his brown glamoured eyes filled with anger. "I have to. I have to get her back. To want me." 

I snorted, and turned around picking up his phone. "I still don't understand what's so important about this, thing." I lifted it up for him to see. He shook his head. It started ringing and I stared at it. Looking at the screen. I smiled at it when I read the Email that blonde from yesturday sent him. 

"The blonde from yesterday is asking if you need a ride to  mortal-infested high. What should I tell her?" I asked. He launched himself at me and grabbed the phone out of my hands.

"Her name's Chloe. And I don't need one," he muttered. 

"No. Your mom said that I could take you out today. Just the two of us. No school, no homework. Only food, clothes, and boys. I think…." 

I moved closer to the wall that separated Lauren's  from Oberon's room. I listened as the person kept talking. She was a woman and maybe was in her late 20's or early 30's. "What are you doing?" Oberon asked, coming up behind me. 

"Someone's in Titina's room. But it's not her mother."

Then the voice stopped talking in mid sentence. I pushed my ear closer to the wall. "Does Julian have any friends yet? Sounds like someone's in the room with him too," said the woman. 

"No. Julian hasn't made any guy friends yet and we both know that mom wouldn't let a girl go into his room. Why?" asked Lauren. 

I listened quietly and Oberon did the same, right beside me. "You called me last night. What was that about?" she asked, changing the question. 

"Oh. I thought I saw something outside, like a bat or-"

"That's weird. I could have sworn that I heard two people talking in his room."

I turned my head and stared at him. This wasn't good. If she knew that I was in the room with Oberon, then that must mean…

"She's a Nishan," he mouthed to me. 

I moved away from the wall and sat down on the bed. "We have to go to the Lux Court today," I mouthed back to him. He thought about it for a few seconds then nodded his head. The last thing we needed was one of Lauren's family member's or her friend's to be a Nishan and if any faery (noble or not) found out about this, that would be awful for Titania. But even worse for Oberon and I. 

Julian's POV

I moved my fingers against the cool stone of the wall. One of the doorways to get to the Lux Court was in a run down house, that had leaks, mice, rats, roaches, whatever you could think of, that place had it. And sadly, it was the closest doorway to where I was staying in Lauren's house. Cyrano was right behind me snorting, whining, complaining, and cursing when I really didn't want to hear anything from him. I bent my head to move through the low ceiling. "Let's find it, I can't stand this place," he said from behind me. 

I shook my head and opened a door that used to be a bedroom. The walls were covered with writing. Stories, quotes, lies, hate, they were covered with everything I could have imagined. I scanned the walls with my eyes until I found the right spot. I firmly placed my hand on top of the stone wall where the doorway was and closed my eyes. 

The images of the Lux Court came rushing through me as I could feel the warm touch of my mother cuddling my cheek, the Luxy girls dancing around me, naked, the luxury of the music, wine, and entertainment. I smiled to myself as I opened my eyes. And then there we were. My mother came running down the huge chamber my parents had and stopped right in front of me, her light grey eyes beaming with excitement. "You're back. Where is she?" she asked me. And then my face fell when I remembered everything.

Thanks for reading!  That's a picture of Julian.