Tragic love. (ClaudexMasc!Reader)

//This is n o t a happy love story just gonna be honest,,, also I'm not great at writing male readers so I apologize for that. Anyways this story is about our bicon Claude and him falling for his classmate, Y/n. I got the basics of this idea from born_a_shipper! They're an irl friend and if you like Sanders Sides you should read their stuff! Anyways, enjoy the fic!

———————

"It's all I have left of him.
A distant memory, a warmth that could've been love... and then he was gone.
Snatched from my life by the cold, unforgiving hands of death.

No mercy was given to the one I loved, so there will be no mercy for him.

Dimitri...

I'll have your head."

————————

"Y/n!" Claude called, excusing himself from his conversation with Hilda and running over to his best friend. "I heard Edelgard asked you out on a date! What's that about?"

Y/n nodded, smiling gently. "Yeah, she did. We're getting tea in the village outside the Monastery today."

"Oooh, can I help you get ready?" Claude begged, clinging to Y/n's arm. "I can't let my friend go to a date looking... cheap."

Y/n rolled his eyes. "Thank you for the offer, Claude, I might just have to take you up on that. Meet me in my room?"

"Bet I can beat you there!" Claude called, already rushing to get to Y/n's room first. His friend chased after him, laughing freely and yelling light-hearted insults to slow the Golden Deer leader down.

"I loved his laugh," Claude admitted sadly. "It was always so free and beautiful... like he never had a care in the world."

Hilda rubbed his back sympathetically. "I know... I'm sorry. Do you want to keep talking, or would you rather stop?"

"I want to keep talking, it... it helps." Claude took a deep breath and continued.

Y/n was the first one to make it to his room.

"Slowpoke," he giggled, poking Claude in the ribs.

"I let you win." Claude protested, trying to hide the fact that he was extremely out of breath. "Now c'mon, lets get you ready for that date, yeah?"

"Okay!" Y/n chirped, beaming as he opened the door to his room.

"Wow, it is super clean in here." Claude teased. "How do you find anything?"

"It's called being organized, Claude. I wouldn't expect you to know anything about it." Y/n replied, smirking. "Here's all my clothes-" he started, opening his closet.

"Well you have to wear red, you want to impress her, don't you?" Claude interrupted, pushing Y/n onto his bed and beginning to dig through his clothes. "Why do you only own yellow and f/c clothes? Seriously?"