Epilogue

Cyra's stepping out of her cell and her successful killing of Isidro marked the start of the superhuman's liberty. Lots of teenagers her age, with the same situation as her—trapped, abused, tortured—were freed by Jaycee's army of rebels.

It wasn't an easy battle. Marami rin ang mga nasawi mula sa grupo ng mga rebeldeng scientist, army, at testers. Pero gamit ang pinagsama-samang lakas ng mga galit na napakawalang superhuman, walang nagawa ang pamahalaan kundi sumuko na lang.

Sampung taon na rin ang nakalipas nang opisyal nang idineklara na parte na ng lipunan ang mga superhuman, na sila ay tanggap na, na wala nang kahit isang dinakip at pinag-eeksperimentuhan. Naputol na rin ang pag-supply ng Pilipinas ng mga superhuman sa ibang bansa, at kung may umangal man, handa ang bansa sa posibleng paglusob nila sa tulong ng mga grupo ng superheroes na nabuo.

As for Cyra, she hadn't been thawed ever since she encased herself in ice. Her body was displayed in a museum to commemorate her life, her story, and to serve as an inspiration to many.

People learned about what Jaycee had to do to start the rebellion. They learned about his controlling, his beguiling of Cyra, the use of sex to coerce her in doing something—yet he justified that if not for it, none of them would have taste this freedom.

Lubos naman niyang pinagsisisihan ang mga naganap. Once a week, he would visit the museum in silence, staring up at her frozen body in hopes na sumuko na ito at bumalik sa dati. No kind of flame was able to break its power. It's like she had performed a permafrost spell on her, with no assurance kung masisira pa ba sa tagal ng panahon.

He already had a son. Isang supling mula sa asawa niyang si Connie, na kaya lang naman niya pinakasalan ay dahil nangako siyang babalikan niya ito matapos ang lahat ng pagpapanggap sa pagitan nila ni Cyra.

It took him a long time to realize that what happened between them with Cyra wasn't acting at all, wasn't just an unjust task in exchange for their freedom. Cyra was sweet, innocent. She wasn't just a pawn, like what everyone thinks, she's his lover. And he loved her too.

How he wished he could have saved her from her fate.

But he never lost hope.

Each day, he prayed that she would be able to forgive him, that she would swim back ashore, that she would scrape off the pain that was poisoning her and look at him with the same intensity of love he received from her before.

But it seemed like everything comes with a price.

And when he chose to execute his plan for freedom, this was it, the cost.

And he had to live with it.

That Cyra, even though she still had her last breath, will never really come out.

-WAKAS-