Chapter 24: The Peeping Jane.

Start from the beginning

She didn't say no. Thank the heavens!

Preventing himself from falling to the floor in happiness, he breathed in a large amount of air and let it out. One of the biggest sighs of relief in his life escaped his lungs.

Opening his eyes to the lady of his dreams, a façade, a smile, adorned her face as she walked past the Prince.

The Prince felt the mana around Isis change.

Similar to how she changed from a high class dress into a set of armor, Isis changed her appearance into a regular white tunic shirt with purple spats shorts and walked to a bench that the spectators used to watch the fight, sitting down.

The Prince couldn't help but get a small nose bleed at the sight of Isis drenched in sweat and in such an outfit he didn't realize could look so good on a woman.

...

Seriously, this is too good.

I was sitting down on a bench that had no back support other than the walls of the outer ring that made up this arena. With many of my scales cracked and destroyed, I had to change into an outfit that didn't need many to make something. So this outfit is even less effective than my dress.

The Prince had spoken of something that gave me a bright idea that even the dullest tool in the shed could come up with once presented with what he said. That idea is obvious.

Come along with them to the cave and betray them.

It would make my job easier, that's for damn sure. If the plan goes right, of course.

It will be around maybe two weeks till the promised time is to come. The time of the human invasion of my home.

From the looks of things, the Prince wont take part of it himself, but his Royal Guards will. I have no idea how strong those men are, but if they are only the same level of the Hero or below, mom and dad will make quick work of them.

The Hero is obviously apart of it too. I've proven that I can beat her by myself, if that was her full strength.

Let's break it down on who the attackers are,

There is the Hero and Royal Guards, people that are way stronger than the average fighter just based off their titles and positions. The Royal Guards, if I had to guess, are maybe stronger than Lux since he was only a recent recruit.

I've grown just a tiny bit stronger since then, so a Guard is just a Lux ramped up by a few levels. Manageable, maybe. Depends on the amount of them there are.

Even then, I can only speculate that the other reincarnated people who have become dragons too will not face this level of difficulty. If this was only event one, on this difficulty, there will be a such a drop in players that there would not even be a point of continuing the game development.

Now that I've agreed to help, they will base their formation around me healing the damage that my family causes while they hack and slash, burn and destroy until my family are all subjugated.

If I yellowbelly out and decide to fight them once they arrive, not only will I be a bit more uncertain on what they will do, they will capture me if they somehow succeed their mission. Sure I won't be killed, but living in captivity and following the orders of others is not the freedom I wish to have and keep.

Which is better: let someone take care of your every need but you are bound by their every whim, or take care of yourself and do what you want without someone else telling you what you can and can't do?

I'd pick the latter option any day of the week. Are there even weeks here?

Anyways, I was breathing heavy due to the fight. This outfit also felt really nice, surprisingly. I think I should change my wardrobe every now and then. The dress was getting old.