Chapter 16: Never Enough Time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the next chapter, I hope you enjoy. 

Also, please notify me of any grammatical mistakes in the chapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the scenery of the village and the peace it brings to your heart and mind, I decided it was time for us to go.

Brent's childhood crush and the promise he made will help him through some tough times in the future, I'm sure of it.

Not sure I'll be around to see that, though.

Dragons.

Long lives, and all that.

But despite that, life seems to pass slowly.

Making Priest carry me for comfort, and also because this form doesn't have shoes, we started to walk to the entrance of the village that faced the forest where the cave was.

As we walked to our destination, I looked at the armor smith's shop. It was the beginning of my little adventure in this body, I had a fond memory because of that. Even if it was a bit hectic.

...Am I just imagining things, or is the armor smith missing?

With my enhanced vision because of my draconic body, I peered through the window of the store. The armor smith wasn't there.

"Priest, do you know what happened to the armor smith, Mark?"

Priest's emotionless expression was dripped with a bead of nervous sweat.

"I relieved him of his life." Priest answered me honestly.

"Why?"

I wasn't really bothered by it, but I did want to know his reason for it.

"He was an annoyance."

"Ah, got it."

Deciding that it was a totally reasonable answer, I just pushed it behind me.

Dragons.

Do what we want, when we want.

We left the village, the guards keeping watch waving goodbye and wishing us good luck on finding a new home.

Smiling and waving back, our figures disappeared into the forest.

After getting out of eyesight, Priest spread his wings wide and flapped them, lifting himself into the air.

"When did you learn to fly?"

"While my lady was mana deficient."

So he took that time to spend looking over himself? So quickly too.

With powerful gusts, we ascended higher and higher until we were directly over the tree line.

Priest then began to fly to the cave while keeping out of sight from creatures looking up from afar.

Giggling my heart out at being able to fly, even if I was in someone's arms, I appreciated the scenic birds eye view that would have been impossible for a human of this world.

The trees that flew past, the clouds that looked so close, yet so far, everything about the outside world from the cave filled my eyes.

I was going to miss this. Who knows when the next time I get to go out will be? I can see why Odin always snuck out before our little escapade.