Chapter 31: Breathtaking Battle of Bulls

---------------------------------------------------------

Here is the next chapter, I hope you enjoy.

Edit (12/4/21): After going back and manually adding up the word counts, it was this chapter that allowed this story to surpass 100,000 words. Thank you for reading!)

---------------------------------------------------------

The 6 demons made their way towards the cave, unaware that they were already discovered. Their destination was the former Demon Council's clothes acting as a beacon that transmitted its location.

As they made their way forward, they were surprised by the lack of response from the creatures that inhabited the forest. The only creatures remaining inside of it were small game and wolves. Usually, much stronger monsters would populate the land the further from civilization you went.

This meant that the Ancient Class water dragon had been hunting here for a long, long time.

7, who was leading the group, again raised his hand commanding everyone to stop. He was feeling the harsh glare of a moderately strong being.

7 matched the glare of whoever or whatever was glaring and showing their bloodlust at him. He quickly discovered that the person he was glaring at strikingly resembled the description of that father lizardman from his comrade's report.

White hair, purple horns, white scaled wings, no tail, and dressed sharply in a tuxedo that radiated a small scent of demonic energy.

"We've been found out." Announced 7, "Everyone, stay on your guard."

7 pointed at Priest with the end of his battle axe and spoke, "One of those bastard lizardmen that dared to kill one of our own is right in front our faces and announcing his presence. Clearly he wants to die, no?"

With a sarcastic joke, 7 reaffirmed his grip on his battle axe and gave his commands, "11 and 12, flank around him and prevent his escape. I will take care of him. 8 through 10, search the perimeter for any others waiting in ambush."

With his order given, the demons quickly dispersed into the shadows. 7 took a hard step forward and broke into a sprint, breaking the sound barrier.

With a loud crackle, 7 made his way to Priest with murderous intent and cast a spell,

"[Demonic Enhancement: Reinforce]."

Priest raised his sword, a blade he used when he was once a man by the name of Lestman Lux, a former Royal Knight. The shining blade reflected under the light of a full moon.

"...[Wind Blade]."

With a spell cast before he locked weapons with the approaching Demon, Priest swung his sword.

His sword, enhanced with wind magic to make his blade sharper and 7, who physically enhanced the structure of his axe, crossed blades.

Priest instantly parried 7's first attack, shoving 7's weapon away that brought 7 with it. Priest took that opportunity to prepare a healing spell in reserve for any damage he may accumulate and thrusted his sword right into the hips of the attacking Demon.

When his blade made contact, Preist felt like his sword had poked at solid bedrock. His sword easily pierced the armor that the Demon wore, but was stopped when it made contact with his bare skin.

"...So you cast your [Demonic Reinforcement] on your physical body as well." Priest deduced, correctly.

7 was not happy at the outcome of the first test of strength. Rather than be happy that he survived a normally lethal blow, his rage only grew to new heights. How dare such an unknown character threaten his life so easily!