17- Our Love

Mark P.O.V

When Mark woke up his head was pounding. He could hear the chatter of people from outside, it smelled of medical supplies and clean sheets. He assumed that they had taken him to the nurses office to get patched up. He looked to his side and saw Chenle sleeping in the chair next to him. 

“He’s been here for 2 hours”.

Mark brought his attention to Jungwoo who was covering Chenle in a blanket. 

“Where’s Haechan?”

“In detention” Jungwoo crossed his arms.

“Why is he in detention?”

“After you blacked out, Haechanie freaked out and the teachers had to practically rip him off of Jeno, he should be out soon”.

Mark was glad that he was ok. 

“Mark what were you thinking?”

“I was protecting my boyfriend, is that a bad thing?”

“No, but look at your arm. You need to be more careful” Mark saw how worried Jungwoo looked. 

“Ok I’m sorry hyung”

“Don’t apologize to me, apologize to Haechan” 

Chenle started to shuffle in the chair he was starting to wake up. 

“Look we're having a picnic later, I don’t care if your arm hurts or if you are tired. You two better show up!” Jungwoo smiles as he leaves. 

“Ah- Mark hyung you're awake!”

Mark grins as Chenle jumps onto him giving him a tight hug on his bad side. 

“Chenle ! bad arm, bad arm”

He gets off immediately. 

“Sorry” he apologies, “We were so worried”

“I know” he pats his head. 

Mark felt horrible for making his friends worried so much about him. The only thing on his mind at the moment was Haechan. He needed to talk to him, he needed to know he was ok. 

“Chenle, can you do me a favor?”

“What is it Mark hyung?”

“Could you get Haechanie for me? I’m not sure they're ready to let me out yet” he chuckles. Chenle was about to answer the question. 

“No need, I’m already here”.

Mark looks over Chenles shoulder and sees his sunshine leaning against the nurses door with an irritated expression.Chenle looked between the two. Then coughed breaking the tension. 

“I guess I’ll head out now, see you guys later” He smiles, “Goodluck Mark hyung!” he laughs before leaving the room. 

Mark gulps nervously not really knowing what to say. Haechan just sat down in front of him without saying anything. Giving him a very judgemental look. Like he was trying to analyze what was going on in his head. 

“I heard you were quite the badass when I blacked out, wish I could have seen that” he laughs lightly trying to clear the awkward air. He wasn’t that lucky though.

“Do you think this is a joke?” Haechan said bluntly. 

“What? Of course not. You're the one who’s looking at me like I just murdered a man”.

“Mark I told you not to interfere, I had it handled” Mark was starting to get mad now.

“So, what, I was just supposed to let him molest you?” he squinted his eyes confused. 

“No! It’s just-” he breathes. As he calms himself he takes hold of Mark's bad arm gently. He caresses it carefully with watery eyes. That Mark noticed immediately. 

“Haechannie” he started but was cut off, by Haechan crying. 

“I was so worried Mark!” he hugs him, “When Jeno got on top of you then pulled out that knife, my entire body froze. Before I knew it there was blood and you had passed out. I felt like a piece of me had broken. Mark seeing you laying there. You looked so lifeless” he whispered the last part staring deeply in Mark's eyes. 

Mark looked into them and saw his honest emotions. 

“I’m sorry I just yelled at you” Haechan held him tighter, “I was just sad and scared, Mark I never want to feel like this again”. 

“I’m sorry, I promise, from now on I’ll think before rushing into things” He held his face and wiped his tears, then gave him a warm smile, “Ok Sunshine”.

Haechan gives him a smile in return, followed by a tender kiss. 

“Ahem” someone coughs.

The two boys break apart immediately a blush presented on both their faces because of getting walked in by the nurse.

“Looks like your feeling better Mr. Lee” Mark scratches the back of his neck embarrassed, “Everything seems to be fine with your arm, the cut was pretty deep but it should go back to normal within a week or two. You are free to go now if you please” She smiles.

“Thank you” he says politely. 

He gets up gathering his things. Then interlocks his fingers with Haechans. 

“Will you be my date to the picnic?” He says jokingly, even though he knows the answer. Haechan pushes him lightly while laughing. 

“You’re such a dork” he smiles sweetly, “Of course I will”.