Chapter 2

The photo above is of Rhea

Finally I'm posting this, this chapter took forever (not really, mostly stubbornness) to write. I hope y'all enjoy this because I enjoyed writing it. Warning: this is a man x man love and there will be explicit content later and mature themes later on. Just letting y'all know.

Aston stared as the Falcon Haven Clan's compound came into view. His mind coming to the realization that he had come home on his own accord instead of being dragged back. His secret spot on the cliff overlooking the city was somewhere he went often if he was not wandering the city, wasting time and people watching. He clenched and unclenched his hands trying to relax his nerves as he thought about the situation before him, the compound drawing closer and closer. The past few months he had avoided the clan's compound, his duties left behind as he had left them to the mercy of the elders and his parents, and their decisions.

Rhea had informed him of all of the things going on and the decisions that had been made without his knowledge while he was away. She was his enforcer and best friend, so it was her duty to watch over him like she had done the previous king. On the way back to the compound Rhea had brought him up to speed about the happenings of the clan and what little info she had about the new Lion pride.

'Hopefully what I'm walking into is not a shit show, plus the thought of having the new pride in town witness it would be even better", he thought 'Thank gods for Rhea'

From what he had gathered from his best friend was that the new Lion pride was being led by a powerful alpha, hence why a treaty was currently in the works with them. Aston frowned as he wondered what meeting the King of the Pride was going to be like, would his tiger try to challenge him or would it accept him equally as an alpha? At the thought of his tiger, a deep growl-like purr was released from inside his inner being as his tiger made itself known stretching its powerful muscles. He felt the power from his inner world, rippling underneath his skin as his tiger perked up in interest at the thought of a challenge.

Aston glanced over at Rhea wondering if she had felt the power building up inside of him, but she continued to watch the road before them, acting like nothing was happening. If she had felt his power, she either ignored it or in reality she was not aware of what was going on next to her. He looked out the window of the car in order to look less obvious as he tried to rein in control of his beast. His tiger was usually aloof and never reacted to challenges or others, it always allowed Aston to be fully in control. Aston was astounded that the thought of the King of the pride gave him the fear that his beast would take over once he met the man.

'There has to be something about this treaty that is not sitting right with me' He thought skeptically watching his home get closer as they passed through the main gates.

The main house stood like a monster in the distance over the other buildings showing the clan's enormous wealth. The house was a giant rustic mansion made of stone and wood giving it an earthy feel to outsiders looking in. The aged wood blended with the mix match of the stones perfectly as Rhea's navy blue convertible pulled up closer to the large abode. She circled the large pond that counted at the drive way into the home before splitting off into a separate small road system that led to other homes and buildings in the compound. Once Rhea parked the vehicle in front of the main entrance she looked over at Aston noticing a change in mood.

"Home sweet home" She murmured, "You ready hun?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," Aston frowned staring out the window towards his home feeling his beast rub itself underneath his skin, "might as well get this over with".

"You okay?" Rhea asked, noticing that something was wrong with him.

"You don't sense anything different or unusual?" He questioned keeping his face emotionless, feeling the power surge within him.