Chapter 9: Surprises

3 Months Later

Mary's pov:

       I woke up to the smell of pancakes and vanilla. I got up and noticed that Jack was the one making breakfast. That's when I felt a pain in my stomach, I ran to the loo and towered over the toilet. I felt my cheeks grow red and then I started feeling nauseous. I threw up and I tried to stand back up but my legs were too wobbly. I did this almost every day at different times and it pained me. I was Mary Poppins, I was never sick, I never got any type of sickness. I finally got up and continued my day as is. Jack had to head off to work so I was left alone until I got a call from someone. I picked up the phone hesitantly since I didn't except a call.

"Is this Mary Poppins?" said a familiar voice

"Yes, yes it is" I reply softly

I hear a giggle and another one in the background. "Its me Jane Banks! I was just wondering if you wanted to go to a rally with me? You don't have to of course if your busy"

"Of course! I would love to go Jane" I said looking at my non existent schedule

"Meet me at the house in 10 minutes?" Jane asks

"See you there" I say smiling

The Banks have practically become my family ever since I stayed here with Jack. I would go on walks and adventures with the children. I would go to different rally's with Jane and sometimes help with them. It was always fun and I felt very happy when spending time with them. I held my back as I walked over to get my coat. For the past few months I had been getting pains in my back and legs but I didn't know why. I shrugged them off and thought that they might be because I'm exhausted.

When I finally got to the Banks house I was greeted by a cheerful Jane. We walked to the park as she talked about all the amazing things that were happening. I felt the same pain in my stomach and just my hand on my belly hoping it would go away. I tried listening to Jane but my brain kept thinking the same thing, not now Mary you can't throw up here. I looked behind Jane to see an alleyway with a trash can and I ran over. I immediately bent over and threw up into the trash can. Jane ran over and helped me back up as I took a handkerchief and wiped it over my mouth.

"Are you okay Mary Poppins?" Jane asked with a concerned look on her face 

"I'm fine, thank you for asking" I said as I leaned over the trash to make sure I was done

"You don't seen well" Jane said as she put a hand to my shoulder

"Its just a little bug i'm sure it will go away" I said shaking her off "right now we need to attend the rally!" I said smiling

She looked at me with a weird face and then put her hand on my stomach. Her eyes widened a bit and then she smiled. I was confused at why she was so happy with my stomach. "I think we need to go to the hospital immediately and get you checked up" she said with a grin.

"Oh no I don't think-" I said reassuring her I was fine

"Nope were going Mary Poppins" she said and then we were off to the hospital

At The Hospital

We sat in the waiting area as Jane smiled and I was worried. The doctor had asked to do a couple tests and I obeyed. We were waiting for the results. 

"I must ask Jane but I really want to know why we are here?" I ask impatiently

"Well you say you have been throwing up for a while, right?"

"Yes"

"You have had back pains and leg cramps too?"

"Yes"

"Well those symptoms are the same ones in women who are expecting" she said smiling and looking at a light

I gasped and opened my mouth a bit which I covered with my hand. I shook my head and looked at my hands which were fidgeting with my gloves. 

"No that can't be" 

"And why not?" Jane said looking at me still smiling. "Its clear that you and Jack love each other very much" she said still smiling

"Yes we do but-"

"Then its possible"

"But-"

"I'm sure you don't go sleeping around with every guy in London"

"Jane!" I said throwing my hands up a bit. She laughed and I shook my head in disapproval. The doctor finally came back and led us into his office. 

"Well everything seems to be perfectly fine Ms.Poppins but must a say congratulations." The doctor said smiling as Jane jumped up ad down. I stood there as my mind drifted into thinking how everything was going to change. I smiled and put my hand on my stomach at the though of my own child.

"Your three months long a well"

"Three months! Oh this is amazing" Yelled Jane as she kept jumping in the air. 

the amount of emotions I felt has no words to describe it.