Russel- Embarrassed

You are the FARTHEST thing from Russel's type. I mean have you seen him in the new video? It'd only make sense for him to be paired with some badass fighter chick who knew karate. I mean that's what you think at least.. you're some nerd who runs a blog for (random interest) on tumblr and stutters with every word. The first time you met him you literally fell face first in the grass. So why was he with you of all people?

(First time you meet)

This was wild. You being the anxious, un-adventurous type were even surprised to see yourself playing tag football in the park with some strangers. It just looked so fun for a moment. Maybe fate dragged you there? HAH no that's cheesy. Probably because you just got done listening to your favorite song and were kinda hyped up.

Another reason this was strange is was because you were doing kind of... amazing. Some type of witch craft must have been going on. That was until you were all of a sudden on the ground. Not even hurt but just, one moment you were up and the next you were on your back staring at a man who was apologizing profusely, extending a hand to help you up.

That's when you're anxiety set in.

"Oh my gosh sir I'm so sorry I should've looked where I was going I promise I'm not this blind all the time I just-" and you continued to ramble. Your face was beet red and you were stuttering so bad it was hard to make out what you said.

The man had a confused look on his face. "What? Why are you apologizing to me? I literally just pancaked you to the ground." He said with a small, but genuine laugh.

His analogy made you laugh too. 'Pancaked'. That's going down in your dictionary for sure.

"Jokes aside I'm sorry about that. Are you sure you're okay? Come with me. I'll get you some water."

You were smart enough to know not to follow a stranger to their car but something about this guy was different. Sure  he was large... and intimidating... and he just brought you to the ground... but you were drawn in the moment you saw him. You always wondered why he felt the same way about you.

(On your first date)

Russel and you hit it off amazing. The rest of the band couldn't remember a second that he wasn't talking to you. You became very well acquainted with them all and soon you were hanging out at their place ALL. THE. TIME. Murdoc was indeed annoyed. 

It took a lot of convincing from the rest of the band, but finally you were able to work up the courage to ask Russell out since he obviously wouldn't make the first move. You were again amazed at this surge of confidence since you weren't a very confident person in the first place. With him you kind of had an adrenaline rush. 

You guys decided to just go get dinner at a somewhat fancy restaurant. You had just arrived and ordered your drinks and all was going well until your clumsy ass reached to grab some bread and spilled your red wine on your clothes. The stain was almost as red as your face. He was for sure gonna go home and never speak to you again. You squinted and put your face in your hands. 

Then you felt a hand rest on your shoulder

"I have a hoodie in my car you an borrow. I have an idea. C'mon". He grabbed your hand and lead you out of the restaurant. 

You were astonished. How is he not embarrassed to be around you? 

He looked in the back seat and found one of his hoodies that would surely be oversized on you... you weren't complaining though. You had some black spandex on under your dress that you used as shorts. You looked at yourself in the car window. A whole fit. 

You looked around to see where Russel went while you changed and saw him walk out of a gas station that was close with a couple snacks. You smiled at him and got back in the car. As you drove, you both were able to watch the sunset. 

Finally, stopping at a park, you got out and found a bench near a lake. The scene looked straight out of a movie scene with the street light shining over the both of you. You curled up next to him and sat in a comfortable silence for a while. As nice as it was you had a question running through your head. Why me?

(Present Day)

You and Russ have been dating for three months, coming up on four. In that time you managed to do a billion more embarrassing things which he just brushed off causing your curiosity to grow. So, with another burst of adrenaline, you asked. 

"Uhm.. hey Russ. I- uh. I got a kinda weird question". You were fidgeting with your hands and keeping your eyes locked on the floor. You did look up momentarily and watch concern take over him. 

"Of course, darling. What's bothering you?" 

You start to overthink. I mean, you have to be prepared for every possible outcome because if not you'll be a stuttering mess. What if he gets annoyed? What if this makes you sound like you're fishing for compliments? Will you sound too needy?

You were knocked out of these intrusive thoughts when he grabbed your hand and looked you in your eyes. 

Taking a deep breath you asked "Why me? I'm so.. frivolous.. ridiculous. I- hah.. I can't do anything right a-and you're so cool Russ. You're a drummer for a famous band! You're witty and smart and I just.. I'm so confused on why I'm the one that you want. 

Tears started to form in both of your eyes. He looked almost angry. Oh no. Was he mad?

"(Y/N).. I can't believe that you think that about yourself. I wish I would've known sooner so I could've done something. How.. how long have you been thinking this way?"

"Well, since we first met, Russ." 

His mouth opened a little bit in astonishment. 

"Oh my God (Y/N), I don't know what to say."

"That's oka-" 

"No. No it's not. I like you.. no I love you because you're genuine. You have never failed to.. to brighten my day. Ever since day one you've always been so relaxed and easy-going and I love that about you and there's about a hundred more things I could say because I love you (Y/N) and I hope you never think otherwise again."

"I.. thank you. I love you too Russ. So much."

 You stood on your toes and kissed him. For the first time. You did that. How cool are you? He put his hands on your back and pulled you closer to him. If what he just said didn't reassure you, this sure did. This absolutely did. 

Hi everyone! I am very very VERY overwhelmed by all the support that's been given to my story recently and I want to thank everyone who's been requesting, commenting, and voting because that really keeps me motivated. I'm probably going to start doing preferences on here as well. As always, If you have any feedback or requests, let me know! Thank y'all!