Murdoc - Just how I like it

(WARNING- minor talks of anxiety, fighting, and depression)

The day has been silent; the week gloomy. It was your favorite type of weather... just not when you had to do things. Both of you have been so busy though; Murdoc with his new tv show, and you, completing your last year of college.

Though you were so happy with how far you've both come, you wanted it to be over. Luckily for you, today you both got snowed in. With Murdoc out of the studio and you out of classes, things were perfect... for you at least.

"Mudz you gotta calm down," you responded in response to the angry green man slamming his fists on the table. Though you were basically on cloud 9, Murdoc was having a tough time processing that he couldn't get anything done today.

"But I- we gotta- if it doesn't- EUGH". Why was he so stressed?! I mean a free day off right? You understood where he was coming from, but it pained you that he didn't want to spend just a day with you. Especially since it's been so long since you've both just relaxed.

With a thought like that, you couldn't help but tear up a little. You were a very emotional person, to begin with anyway.

"Listen today is going to be the only day for a long time that I get to spend time with you so you are gonna shut up and fuckin love me ok"? You say with a tear falling off your cheek.

Murdoc's expression, though still slightly annoyed, softened. He didn't mean to make you cry. He always seemed to do that. Your personalities clash sometimes but you still love each other and the good still outweighs the bad.

"I just.. I have a lot to get done is all," he spoke softly, careful not to make you cry even more.

"Well so do I but I'm not gonna worry about that," you said sniffling. "I'm just as stressed as you are about getting things done right now"

"I know, I know". He laughed at your constant persuasion.

He grabbed your hand and lead you over to the couch. You've always loved his soft side. Some of your favorite memories come from when he acts soft with you.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

~Your Junior year of high school~

You were at the movie theater about to watch a movie with your current boyfriend. It was your 4th date with him and you couldn't be more happy. A relationship was FINALLY going well.. or so you thought. It was near the end of the movie when your boyfriend announced he was getting a refill on his drink. The movie ended without him coming back. You stepped outside into the lobby only to find him gone. It's all good. Maybe a family emergency happened? Nope. You were blocked on everything. You didn't know what happened. You thought you were the reason for all of this. Deciding not to stay in theater to cry, you went outside and sat on a bench to do it. Smart. After maybe 15 minutes or so Murdoc, who you met through a friend a while back, was taking a walk. You two never were close but he felt sympathy when he saw you that night. He talked with you for hours until he convinced you that you were worth so much more than you initially thought.

~3 years ago~

It was your first day of college and you were living with Murdoc, your boyfriend of 5 months. Yes it was soon, but you didn't have to pay for an apartment or dorm so it all worked out.

At the end of the day, you wanted to die. Stress, anxiety, and seasonal depression came crashing down on you like thunder and you never wanted to go back to that hell hole. When you got home you got into bed without eating and wouldn't talk to anyone. Yes, Murdoc was annoyed but he couldn't blame you. He knew that feeling all too well himself. So instead of fighting like he would do with anyone else, he decide to get in bed with you a hold you while you cried. If it wasn't for him, god knows you wouldn't have gotten this far in life.

~10 months ago~

Today was bad. Really dark and cold, but in the worst kind of way. One of your old, close friends from high school had gotten in a car accident and passed away. You didn't know what to do. Death now scared you more than anything. They were only in their early twenties. They had just gotten their degree. All for nothing. What was the point of living if you'd just die someday. In panic you ranted to Murdoc about how scared you were about everything. You wouldn't get in the car for about 2 weeks and when you did, shaking and panicking was inevitable. He was patient with you though. He helped you overcome this year and made you realize you had to live life to the fullest while you could.
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Remembering these moments made you smile. You've never loved anyone more. You looked over at Mudz who was invested in what was on tv. He was playing Minecraft. What a stud. You were close to him but you wanted to be even closer. Deciding to interrupt his gameplay, you crawled in his lap wrapping your arms and legs around his torso and laying your head on his chest. He was yours. With your head on his chest, you could hear his heartbeat. Soft and steady. Everything was just the way you liked it.

He pretended not to think anything of it, but he was D Y I N G on the inside. Looking at you with messy hair, his shirt, and some sweatpants was oddly the most attractive thing to him. Or maybe he just thought you were pretty all the time.

Sure at first he was hesitant spending the day doing nothing. He hated counting his days as worthless or unproductive, because deep down he knew while he lived on as immortal, the things around him would die and decay. His band, his music, his possessions, but most importantly, you. He's glad he spent his day like this though. Now he realized this is the most fulfilling and productive thing he's ever done. Now it was just the way he likes it.

Hi guys!! I'm v sorry for not updating in like forever. Just haven't been in the writing mood, but hey I finally wrote something. By the way I appreciate everyone who votes and comments. It makes me feel so happy y'all! Anyway if you guys have any suggestions at all please let me know. It makes it a whole lot easier to write! Anyway, I really hope you enjoyed :)