Chapter 15: Meeting

Začít od začátku

"Beauty, look to me..." He watches as she slowly makes her eyes find his. He can see she is scared but he leans forward connecting their lips in a soft comforting kiss. Belle relaxes at the touch as she reaches up to cup his cheek. He almost groans but pulls back looking at his beautiful mate. "It will be okay."

Belle nods her head not trusting voice just yet. He takes her hand helping her out of the car while Jake and Kacia continue to bicker back and forth up to the door. Jake opens the door yet again but this time Kacia turns back to look at her little sister. She can see that Colton is holding her tightly trying to ease her concerns. She waits til they walk through the door before following directly behind. Jake standing at her side. 

They all make it to what Belle presumes is the Alpha's study. Colton giving it a few knocks before hearing a 'come in'. Colton opens the door for Belle before walking in. All four come in to the room as Alpha Tate turns back around. His brow furrowing at the other sister. 

"I didn't realize this was a group meeting?"

He sits down in his chair as Jake attempts to take Kacia's arm. "We will wait-"

"I will not leave my sister alone with you." 

Kacia says cutting off Jake's words. He halts mid sitting to look to the she wolf who now stands at his son's mate's side. He slowly lowers himself in his seat still looking at her. She is not like any wolf he has ever met. He finally gestures to the seat's in front of him. Belle sits along with Colton while Jake and Kacia stand to the side's of them. 

"So Alpha Talson was here about an hour ago."

At his words, Colton and Jake instantly stiffen. Belle looks upon them confused not sure what the importance of this man is. She turns as she feels Kacia's hand on her shoulder. Kacia leans closer to her ear. 

"Alpha Talson is the head of the Northern Crescent pack. The territory adjacent to this one."

Belle nods while the three men raise a questioning brow at her. She doesn't say anything further and continues staring at the alpha waiting for him to continue. He clears his throat before turning back to his son and Belle. 

"According to Raven, there was an... altercation at the school?"

His eyes move over each. Jake's eyes always the dead give away as his eyes look anywhere but at him. Colton give's his blank face which he trained him in. Belle surprisingly as the same look as Colton. Kacia's face gives away a slight smirk making him sigh heavily.

"Care to explain Kacia?" She just pursed her lips shaking her head slowly. He then turned to Jake who continued to look up at the ceiling. "Anything to add Jake?"

All turn to him fully aware that he sucks at lying. His face turning red as he attempts to not say anything. Colton turns to his dad finally deciding to answer. 

"Raven threatened Belle. She had no right to do so."

"You can not raise a hand to another alpha blood born Colton. You know-"

"He didn't"

All heads snap to Kacia who continues staring intently at the alpha. He waits for her to continue.

"He didn't?... Are you saying you did?"

"She threatened my sister."

She answers simply while shrugging a shoulder. He leans back in his chair surprised. This girl really does have a LOT more to her then he originally thought. She doesn't break eye contact. 

"Kacia may I have a word alone?"

"No"

Desmond turns his eyes to Belle as her voice holds conviction. It seems these sisters are inseparable. He then turns to his son who instantly takes Belle's hand showing he would not be leaving her. Turning to Jake he watches as he gulps. 

"No disrespect Alpha however I will remain as well."

Kacia whips her head not expecting that from him. Before blinking and turning back to the Alpha who is sporting a baffled expression. 

"Kacia, are you aware that it is unknown for any low ranking wolves to raise their hand to alpha blood?"

"I'm aware"

He gestures for her to continue but can clearly see that she has no plans to. 

"Then how were you able to?"

"No bond is stronger than the love of family"

Her cryptic answer leaving him to presume she is not ready to present her story. He eyes her for a moment before nodding slowly deciding to let this go. Turning back to his son, he realizes how tentative he is to his mate. Turning to the young beauty herself, he can feel her strength. She may be a stronger asset than her originally thought. 

"Alpha Talson has been escorted off the territory but he will be returning. I am sure with the Elders..."

Belle once again is confused by the term. Who ever this 'Elders' are, it made Colton instantly tense. She glanced up at her sister who she noticed is stiff and visibly battling with her wolf. She reaches up taking her hand making the yellow eyes snap to her. She gives her a squeeze as Kacia releases a long breath and her eyes turn back to their caramel color. 

"The Elders are similar to the Hierarchy of a Covent. They oversee everything. But why would they need to visit?"

"For numerous reasons including your mother using a tranquilizer on Alpha Talson." He says pointing to Colton who bites his lips to stop from laughing. Unlike Colton, Jake erupts with laughter leaning over clutching his stomach. Desmond tries to hide his own smile but is amused as well. 

"That wouldn't be enough for Elders dispute, based off the original by laws. That would only be unlawful if the tranquilizer was used to subdue and cause harm. I'm presuming Alpha Talson provoked Penny. She would not be held be responsible unless he was harmed after the fact."

Everyone in the room looks on to Kacia with complete astonishment. Desmond leans back in seat tilting his head slightly at her. Not many wolves know the by laws by memory and certainly NONE can remember the amendments. 

"You are correct. He was attempting to attack us when she did it." At this Colton quickly stands up. Desmond raises his hand at his son silently telling him to calm down. "He only attacked due to your mother's sharp tongue."

"Speaking the truth more like it"

All heads turn to the door finding Penny walking in with her arms crossed. She walks around the desk standing next to her husband. He takes her hand and gently pulls her down onto his lap. Both the girls internally awe while Colton has a disgusted look on his face. Penny smiles amused at her son before turning to Kacia. 

"You have an incredible memory Kacia."

"Thank you Penny."

"When did you learn the laws?"

"7 ma'am. Mom that it was important for all of us girls to know the rules of our kinds." Desmond smirks as he pictures the little girls reading large books. He is surprised that Grace taught her these... Or more specifically each of them learning their own laws. He wonders how hard it was for her to help teach a wolf and a vampire their own guidelines. "You said numerous reasons but that is not accurate is it?"

Desmond heaves heavily before answering. This she wolf catches on quickly. "No, I am sure Alpha Talson will inform them of our newest set of mates."

He gestures at the love birds who look to each other. Belle looks worried making Colton quickly tug her over to him. She stands up and steps over before curling into his lap. Colton smiles gently watching as she takes comfort in his arms. Belle then turns to the elder couple in the room. 

"Excuse me, but what does this mean for all of us?"

Belle ask speaking up as she now looks at each of them before settling her eyes on the head of the room. She watches as Desmond wraps his arm tightly around Penny before sighing and looking back to her. 

"This means... we prepare for the worse."