"Do you have anything with strawberries?"

Začít od začátku

"Coffee shop," you said shortly, "you've given me a headache that I think not even your stupid gods could handle and I need caffeine like, right now before I face Adra and lie between my teeth for you. Some sugar won't hurt either."

Taehyung fell silent again, clearly trying to make sense of your words.

"So... food?" he piped up hopefully, making a small chuckle threaten to escape your lips at his nervous, cute demeanor. Ha. The only thing he got from your bitter tirade was the fact that he may get some sustenance.

You could appreciate that.

"Sure," you relented. You weren't a monster.

"Thank all the gods," Taehyung sighed in relief, fingers brushing his stomach through his black turtleneck. "I am hungrier than Tantalus, and trust me, that is damn near impossible. I was beginning to wonder if your master plan was to starve me to death."

Snorting, you shook your head. "My master plans are far more complex."

Taehyung cocked his head to the side and smirked, still looking straight onto the road. "Sometimes, I feel as though Hades himself would be terrified of you."

Your amused look did not go unnoticed by Taehyung, who beamed in victory.

Pulling up into the pretty, open-air coffee place near the museum and overlooking the park near your reasonably nice apartment building, you shot a stern look at Taehyung while you parked your car. You did NOT need a repeat of the Target incident, thanks. The man sitting next to you noticed your sharp stare on him.

"Follow the rules this time," your lips pressed themselves into a hard line as you glared at the red-haired demigod.

"Okay!" Taehyung raised his hands in surrender, shooting you a weak smile. Sighing, you prayed to whatever deity was up there and stepped out of your mutilated (that was dramatic but oh well, you were dramatic so suck on that) car, Taehyung quickly following suit.

You were glad he wasn't shirtless and barefoot at the moment, truly, you were. But the starstruck stares and the giggles and the hushed whispers from basically every female in the vicinity at his incredibly attractive self honestly weren't much better.

Worse still, Taehyung seemed to both notice and enjoy the attention, winking once or twice at some poor girl in the short span of time while the two of you were walking to the coffee shop.

Rolling your eyes so far back into your head you swore you saw your brain, you just shook your head and tried to ignore this... whatever this was. Kim Taehyung in his natural habitat, you assumed.

A memory of him being scared sh*tless by your microwave surfaced in your mind and you snorted quietly.

"Okay, enough," you snapped at Taehyung, whose smirk was just growing as you two entered the coffee house. Gah. His head didn't need to be inflated like this- not at ALL.

"Aww," Taehyung cooed as he dramatically held the cute glass door open for you, waving you inside with a flourish of his arm, "jealous, pretty one?"

"HAH," you scoffed, "You wish."

Taehyung shook his head and chuckled at your biting words, following you as you made your way over to the cashier.

"Ah, hey Y/N!" your eyes tiredly snapped to your old friend behind the counter, his eyes bright and smile as wide as ever.

You'd known Choi Soobin since high school- the two of you were never really close in your early years, but after you'd met in college in your graphic design courses, you'd instantly hit it off.