two : wallows

Your stationary position contrasted against the dancing crowd engulfing you. It couldn't be him. He wanted to be a pro golfer. No, maybe you're just hallucinating or this is just another crazy dream or-

"You alright?" Jackson shakes your shoulder, snapping you out of your trance.

"Um, yeah." Even you aren't convinced at your reply, "I just think i may know that guy."

Jackson follows your eyes & raises an eyebrow at you, your eyes still fixed on your three old friends in front of you.

"Really? Any one of these girls or boys would love to be in your position."

Wallows. Of course. The Hawaii level in the old Tony Hawk game you found in his basement & played all night.
———————————————————————
The rain hammers down on your already soaked head. You run down the road, clutching your skateboard & follow him as he turns another corner. He looks behind, beaming a wide smile at you & let's out a loud laugh at your glare.

"Come on, were almost there!" He shouts, voice nearly drowned by the sound of the thunder coming from above.

A few houses more, you follow him into a driveway & he pushes open the door, almost causing you both to fall over each other laughing as you reach inside.

"Where have you two been?" Both your eyes shoot up to see Michelle looking down at you, her hands placed firmly at her hips. "Y/N's parents have called."

You instantly stop laughing. "We were at the skate park but it started raining so we ran here."

"Your house is closer than mine." You add to the explanation.

Michelle starts to discuss with his son how they'll get you home when it is cut short by Dave, "She won't be going anywhere for a while; the roads are far too slippery & the wind is extremely strong."

He looks up from his newspaper, "I guess you're stuck with us in the mean time." Dave smiles warmly at you.

After collecting some bedding & greeting Austin as you go past his room, you walk down the stairs to their dark basement. The lights flicker on, illuminating the room with a sofa & tv in the centre. They are surrounded by boxes of  untouched decorations & nostalgic toys. The window in the corner flaps vigorously, causing bangs that echo through the dim space.

He runs over from behind you & locks it shut, apologising profusely. You follow him to the sofa but a box full of video games catches your eye.

"That's not mine." "My mom got that for me." "I was given it for free so i decided to keep it."

The humorous excuses kept coming & you tried to hold back your laughter with every game you judged. That was until you came across Tony Hawk's Underground.

Expecting another excuse, you raise your eyebrow at him. "That is a great game & i am not ashamed of it." He smiles, pointing at the case in your hand.

You smirk, inserting the disc into the game console. "Let's play it then." You say as you make your way to the sofa & hand him a controller.

With your eyes fixed on the screen, you hear him whisper in your ear.

"Prepare to lose, Y/N. I am 'le master'."

———————————————————————-
That was one of the worst jokes he ever said but it still made you smile at the distant memory.