jungkook chuckled, and his fiancé smiled. "she's cute right?" taehyung said.

the younger wasn't amused anymore, not as he pulled the other to lay against him again. jungkook put his arms around the male and spoke in a quiet tone. "she's lost." he said. "we still have to figure out what to do with her."

"i was lost once too." taehyung ignored the second half of what he said. "you picked me up from the bar and the rest is history." he said.

"okay but this is a small human. it's different." jungkook said.

his fiancé sighed, looking down at their joined hands. they fit so nicely together, like they were carved and placed in that exact position and meant to withstand till the end. taehyung wanted to smile, but his mind was elsewhere. "there are two types of people in this world kook." he said. "the kind that see a stray kitten and pick it up, and the kind that drive right past."

"and what type am i." jungkook asked. there was a small smile on his lips, not seeing how the other was actually serious. taehyung didn't get to answer because someone else did, coming in the form of blonde hair and granny hands for greasy food. "the type to take the damn kitten to yeosu to see her dad." jimin said, and followed it with a mouthful of fries.

"fuck no." jungkook said. "go away." he told his best friend, knowing the smaller one wouldn't be offended by the words. he just rolled his eyes and continued to eat the fries. "we're literally going there, and she's here with us. it doesn't make sense not to do it." the blonde continued.

taehyung seemed to agree and his fiancé could already see it in those brown eyes. "i said no." jungkook repeated. "there's no time, not with the job. everyone needs to be focused." he said. the other two did not give off the impression that they were listening, or agreeing, or even considering acknowledging that the young leader was even making a final decision.

"taehyung i'm serious." jungkook said.

"oh i believe you are." he ate a fry.

jimin did the same with a cheeky smile.

the ravenette eyed the both of them, "i swear, if you're not focused, you especially," jungkook said to jimin, "i will be pissed." he said. it wasn't the most threatening of threats, partly because he was pointing at his fiancé and his best friend. they weren't the people he wanted to threaten — one because he loved both of them and two because they mildly scared him.

"i am focused." taehyung said, the way he looked at the ravenette was like asking to be challenged. he was the greatest challenge jungkook would ever face, but it was one of the main reasons he loved him most.

"i meant focused on the right thing." jungkook clarified his words. he wasn't ready for the next thing, the idea that almost made him question it for a second. he could always count on taehyung to get inside his head. "maybe i should be saying that to you." taehyung said.

he couldn't tell what the other was referring to. it could have been a number of things, considering how many times jungkook seemed to mess up when his head was in the wrong places. it was always something, whether it was the wedding or the kid or the job, he wasn't focusing on the right thing when he should have been putting all his efforts into one. so that's what he did.

jungkook got up from the booth so he could take his laptop, now leaning against the counter of the tiny kitchen. "ask hoseok to switch." taehyung knew the ravenette was talking to him, since it was his turn to drive next. usually when he did the other would be in the back planning. he knew where jungkooks head was at now.