This is Where We Finally Meet

Start from the beginning

"Well", Yusei shook his head, realising from Bruno's gaze he must have fallen into his daydream, so he decided it was the best to move the focus away from himself, "If that's all you wanted to talk about, we should go!" He addressed his words to Mikage and Ushio, watching their faces giving him a permission to do as he decided to, implying how there was probably nothing else they could do about Bruno's' identity; at least for now.

          Moving out from the table, Hanako, Yusei and Bruno thanked Ushio and Mikage for their effort, before they moved to the lift of the Public Security Maintenance Bureau in order to reach the ground floor and go back home. Once in the lift that had a glass wall with the view above the entire Neo Domino City, Bruno kept gawking through the glass, looking distant and lost in his thoughts.

Seeing his hypnotised facial expression, Yusei decided to talk to him, "What's wrong?" He asked, when his voice drew Hanako's attention too, so she moved her eyes to Bruno.

          "When I see the city like this, I wonder", Bruno started, speaking slowly, like part of his mind was still loitering the never-ending path of his thought, "Is there someone out there waiting for me?" He finally spoke again, keeping his eyes focused on Yusei's, but looking right through him.

"Don't rush yourself!" Yusei answered, while Hanako was attentively listening to their conversation, "Somehow, the time to know the truth will come!"

          "The time", Bruno reiterated Yusei's words while mumbling, "To know the truth, huh?"

"When Yusei says it like that, it makes you really believe it, right?" Hanako chuckled sweetly, feeling like Bruno was not indifferent to what happened to him, so she assumed he was probably haunted by his own past that he knew nothing about. Her eyes softened at the sight of his frowned face, watching him nod his head in agreement even though he showed no signs of joy inside, "I wish I knew more about you, too!" She added, with a soft smile, trying to make Bruno think about something else, to distract his thoughts, "And where did you learn so much about mechanics!"

          "Me too!" Bruno nodded again in response, "Every time that I'm working on D-Wheels, I feel like-"

He stopped abruptly, because the space inside the lift turned dark, because electricity was cut. There were no more lights inside and the lift stopped working, leaving all three of them trapped inside in the middle of the Public Security Maintenance Bureau building, "A bomb has exploded. Everyone, please evacuate!" The sound started coming out of the speaker, so Hanako immediately realised that this was not about cut electricity, something else was going on, "Repeating! A bomb has exploded. Everyone, please evacuate!"

          "A bomb?" Yusei questioned in a lower, almost whispering voice.

"T-This is horrible!" Bruno answered with a mutter, terrified by the realisation of what was going on and why their lift stopped going down.

          "Calm down, Bruno!" Hanako placed her hand on his forearm, doing her best to comfort him, "We'll get us out of here!"

"She's right", Yusei nodded in response, "We have to be calm to think straight!" He explained, looking at the buttons on the elevator, knowing how there is a way to get out of the construction, even though it was blocked, "We're going to need a screwdriver!" He murmured into his chin, keeping his eyes' focus on the controls.

          Seeing Yusei's facial expression, Bruno immediately realised what was on his mind, so he opened his jacket and looked for a screwdriver Yusei asked for, while Hanako was watching him completely speechless, feeling her cheeks blushing at the sight of tons of tools being kept inside the inner pockets of his jacket. And no matter how many times she saw him do this in the garage, she was still stunned and elated by the sight, she couldn't help herself, "Here!" Bruno said with a smile, taking a screwdriver from his pocket, so Hanako snapped out of her dazing gaze, shaking her head.