16.2- Night School (Stiles)

(DYLAN O'BRIENS VOICE) Previously on In My Head: "And the guy in the video store. It's been Derek the whole time. He's in here with us, and if we don't get out now, he's going to kill us too." Scott lies gravely and everyone looks at each other sombrely. Aw, Sith.

"Call the cops." Jackass demands snobbily, again. 

"No." I reply, again. After Scott dropped the bombshell of lies, everyone dealt with it differently. Lydia and Allison freaked out and searched for comfort within their partners, Cassie looked up at me, worried, and she, Scott and I looked around, more scared than I would have thought I could be. Jackass decided to resort to trying to make me call my Dad. I said no. Several times. I kind of wanted to punch him.

Jackass was getting angry, going red in the face. "What do you mean no?" 

"I mean no. Do you want to hear it in Spanish? No." Cassie buries her face in my shoulder to stifle her laughter at my Spanish tone. "Look, Derek killed three people, okay? We don't know what he's armed with." Cassie rubs her thumb back and forth on my shoulde comfortingly, knowing the possibility of losing my Dad is upsetting.

"Your dad is armed with an entire Sheriff's department. Call him." Jackson shouts, getting in my face. I push Cassie gently behind me, but she comes around to stand in between Jackson and I, glaring at him. Lydia backs away, her eyes wide and her phone pressed to her ear. 

"You-you are the opposite of Batman, Jackson!" Cassie says, eyes as wide as Lydia's.

"Yes, we're at Beacon Hills High School and we need you to-but," Lydia begins scared yet determined, though she lowers her phone, eyes wide after about 40 seconds, "she hung up on me." She says, staring at it, shocked.

"The police hung up on you?" Allison asks, sounding incredulous.

"She said they got a tip warning them that there were going to be prank calls about a break in to the high school. She said if we called again they're going to trace it and have us arrested." 

"So call again!" Allison yells at her. I  shake my head, mind racing.

"No," I say, thinking aloud, "they won't trace a cell. They'll send a car to your house before they send anyone here." The mood in the room darkens, something I didn't think could happen, and I pull Cassie closer to me and press my lips to her forehead. If I die tonight, at least I'll be with her. And the World's Cheesiest Line goes to me. Thank God I didn't say it out loud. The look in Cassie's eyes, though, tell me I don't need to, and that it's true for her as well.

"What the-what-what is this?" Allison questions, hands flying to her forehead, "Why does Derek want us to kill us? Why is he killing anyone?" Allison begins pacing and we all slowly turn our heads to face Scott, who appears to be viewed as the leader. So not envious of that position, jeez. This is a tough spot.

"Why's everyone looking at me?" Scott, the fearless, intelligent leader, everybody. Jesus Christ I am going to die in a classroom. And not because of boredom. I don't want to die in a class room.

"Is he the one that sent that text?"

"No. I mean, I don't know." Scott shakes his head at Lydia, obviously not knowing what to say.

"is he the one that called the police?" Allison is obviously freaking out, and Scott is looking conflicted.

"I don''t know!" Scott yells, obviously frustrated at having to lie to Allison. He's been practocally obsessed with her since that first day, and now she's in danger.

Allison shrinks back, looking hurt and Cassie moves to comfort her. I move to Scott, knowing as hard as this is for him, something needs to be done. I love Cassie, too, and I don't want her hurt just as much as he doesn't want Allison hurt. Cassie would argue, saying she doesn't need to be protected and that we all need to get to safety but honestly? I couldn't care less about Jackson and Lydia at the moment. I wouldn't let them die, but I need Cassie safe before I do anything.