13- Lydia and The Douche (Stiles)

As we walked into the school, Cassie with her hood up and face buried into my neck as I gave her a piggy back ride, everyone was staring. 

"Are they looking?" She asked quietly as she repositioned herself on my back.

I glanced around the crowded halls, hoping something has changed in the last two minutes. "No?" I stated, though it came out as more of a question. After the events of last night I had taken Cassie to her house, staying with her for a little while and sleeping in her bed with her, after she had asked. When I woke up she was huddled in the corner of the room, looking at the already forming scars in the mirror. Her face was set, and she had looked sad until I offered to make waffles. She hadn't wanted to come, but I figured it would be best if she did. She agreed, but only if I promised her she could hide behind me if people were looking. 

"Liar." She says, and I can feel her smiling against my neck. "Can we find Allison? I wanna tell her happy birthday." 

"Is it her birthday? Scott didn't mention that?"

"She didn't want anyone to know. But, Lydia did some facebook stalking and I stole her wallet to look at her drivers license." She says, laughing a little at the memory.

"You scare me." I tell her, shaking my head with a grin as I walk towards Allison, who is currently trying to shove some balloons back into her locker. Abruptly, I change course, turning around when I see Scott walking to her to talk.

"Where are we-"

"Scott." I say, cutting her off, and I feel rather than hear the 'ah' she mutters. I shake my head. "They'll never beat us in terms of couple-cuteness." I tell her as she jumps down when we reach her locker. 

"Never!" she says, turning around and giving me a fierce look and a playful growl. I grin at her, happy that she's finally loosening up after last night, and hold my arm out like in the movies.

"Class, m'lady." I say, bowing. Cassie curtsies politely, smiling at me and entwining her arm through mine. Together we walk through the halls, arm i arm and unfortunately seperating when we get to Chemistry, she sitting to some Isaac kid, and I with Scott... Who was nowhere to be seen. I glanced back and frowned when I saw her talking to Isaac; I knew she wouldn't do anything, but I wasn't so sure about him. He was a quiet kid, I muse to myself before remembering the events of last night, and when Jackson walks in and nods at Danny that the two are best friends.

I lean over to talk to him, but he's turning around to talk to Cassie. "You were on the news this morning, C. That's pretty cool, you're like, famous now!" He tells her and she smiles an obviously fake smile, nodding.

"Yeah, yeah, I guess." She says, still smiling fakely. I frown, she was obviously uncomfortable. Deciding to take the attention off of her I lean over in my chair so that the right feet are lifted off the floor.

"Just a friendly reminder, parent teacher conferences are tonight. Students below a C average are required to attend. I won't name you, because the shame and self disgust should be more than enough punishment." Mr Harris interrupts my inner planning as he walks up and down the desks, stopping at mine and Scott's. "Has anyone seen Scott McCall?" I shake my head, as does the rest of the class, and Mr Harris sighs, turning and walking to Jackson and giving his shoulder what I presume is meant to be a reassuring squeeze. "Jackson if you need to leave early for any reason, let me know." Jackson replies with just a small nod, and Cassie snorts.

"Gee, thanks for that offer, Mr Harris." She mutters in a tone that I know is one that means she was trying to be quiet-trying, but failed. Mr Harris glares at her, but the rest of the class and I laugh quietly.

"Miss Jones-"

"Mr Harris, I probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for her. She went through the same amount of, if not more, trauma than I." Jackson says, though he is deathly pale and his face is dotted with a little sweat. Harris sighs, rolling his eyes discreetly as he turns around.

"Fine. Miss Jones, you may leave at any time if you need." He says, sounding frustrated.

"Thank you, very much." Cassie says sarcastically. 

I chuckle, shaking my head. "Everyone, start reading chapter nine." Harris calls, and I pull out my highlighter, tugging the cap off with my teeth, a habit I knew both Cassie and I shared. "Mr Stilinski, try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs; it's chemistry, not a colouring book." I roll my eyes, spitting the cap up into the air and catching it in my hand, turning around to grin at Cassie only to find her mouth hanging open as she stares at me, eyes slightly darkened. Danny notices me staring at her and turns around, taking one look at her before chuckling and turning back around. "What?" I ask him, cheeks slightly warm.

"She thinks that was hot." He tells me, grinning at me with a glint in his eye.

"What? How do you know?" I ask, excited beyond belief at the prospect.

"I've been her best friend for years, I had to listen to her complain about how much you liked Lydia." He says, finishing with a glare.

"I never, ever liked Lydia-"

"I know, I watched you pine over this one,"  he says, jerking his head back to Cassie, "for years. She never believed me."

"Okay, keeping in mind that I am completely in love with Cassie," I say, looking to Danny seriously, who rolls his eyes but nods, "Did, uh, did Lydia show up in your homeroom today?" 

"No." He says, giving me a weird look.

"Okay. Can I ask you another question?" I ask again, hoping that he-or Cassie- will kill me.

"No." He replies. I don't think he likes me very much.

"Does anyone know what happened to her and Jackson?" I ask, ignoring the no he gave me. Again, he frowns at me, rolling his eyes.

"Cassie, your girlfriend, was there. Why not ask her?" He says and I sigh.

"Are you kidding? I had to-actually I enjoyed it-sleep in the bed with her just so she wouldn't wake up screaming. And she's wearing a grey hoodie and black jeans to hide. I can't do that to her!" i hiss, glancing back and smiling slightly as she draws in her notebook unsuspectingly. 

"Fine. But Jackson wouldn't tell me anything."

I sigh, a little frustrated. "But, he's your best friend? Oh, one more question!" 

"What!?" Danny growls, obviously agitated and frustrated.

"Do you find me attractive?" Cassie must have been listening because I hear her dissolve in a fit of giggles as Danny gives me a strange look and I lean in closer, before CRASH! The chair topples to the floor, I've obviously leant too far. and I crash on the floor. I jump up, dusting my clothes off and Cassie picks the chair up. All of a sudden, Jackson jumps up as I sit down, racing out of the classroom, and Cassie clutches her neck, falling to the ground and groaning in pain.

"Cassie?" I ask, dropping next to her and helping her up. She just looks at me, eyes wide and face pale.

"Jackson." She whispers before darting out of the class room after him. 

"Miss Jones!" Harris calls, and I glare at his back when he sighs and turns around. This is gonna be a long day.