This kiss was different. It's so different from the thousands of kisses we've shared. It's gentle, soft, deep but also urgent. Like, we're loosing all the time we have left. Our lips moving like the waves.

I can feel everything he wants to say. And maybe that's the reason why a tear drops on my face. Because, even though the kiss felt so good. So right. It feels like he's also saying goodbye.

I clench onto him tighter, my hands on his neck as i tried to deepen the kiss. But, then he pulls away before i could do it and place a soft lingering kiss on my forehead, then to both of my eyes, my cheeks, a soft peck on my nose, and my lips until he reaches my neck.

I titled my head to give him better access, completely forgetting about everything. The only thing that matters now is that he's here with me. He kissed my moonmark making my inner omega preen and then he took a sniff, scenting me thoroughly. All i could do was howl happily at the attention he's giving me. It feels so nice.

"I'll come back for you, my prince. Wait for me. I love you. Always have and i always will." And then, everything moves so fast. He was standing up and heading towards the door. W-what?

I panic, i scrumble off of the bed but the guards blocked my way before i could even reach out to him.

"W-wait! No! NO! P'MEW! DON'T LEAVE ME! PLEASE! COME BACK! P'MEW!" I hiccup as more tears flow down my face. I fought the guards, biting them, kicking them, pushing them away. But, they held me down. With my current state, i'm weaker compared to them. I won't stand a chance. And that's what hurts more.

Because, i couldn't even ran after my alpha.

"P'MEW PLEASE! STOP HIM! WHY AREN'T YOU STOPPING HIM?! I COMMAND YOU TO DO SO!" I pushed one of the guards away but i was so weak he didn't even budge. "Please. I love him. He's my mate, my alpha. Please. Please." I cried out. My heart feels like it's being ripped out of my chest. My moonmark hurts. It hurts so bad.

But, when he looks back at me with his own tears stripping down his face. I lost it. Because, I know. I know he won't stay.

He gave me one last smile before he completely walks away.

"NO!"

I barely noticed the reflection of the moon coming from my opened window, it was shining as clear and bright as a ruby.

And the sour scent of citrus and cedalwood surrounded the whole room.

"GULF WAKE UP!" My eyes opened and i gasped. My heart already beating faster than normal.

"Ohmygod. Ohmygod. Gulf. You're okay. You're awake." I was pulled into a tight embrace. But, when i was expecting a buff and larger body, a thin, slim and softer figure engulfs me instead.

Then, instantly, a sweet scent filled my nose. Primrose.

"I was so worried. You wouldn't wake up and i just—i got so scared. You were screaming and moving around and—i didn't know what to do." She sniffs and pulled me tighter. I only notice now that my plain white shirt was drenched with sweat, the light coming from the curtains indicates that it's already half past noon. I slept that long?

I slowly put my arms around her waist and she immediately placed her chin on my shoulder.

"I-i'm fine. It was just a nightmare. You don't have to worry. Stop crying, it's okay." In instinct, i release some of my calming pheromones. Was it really that scary?