|| 22 || You Make My Heart Go Boom!!

Start from the beginning

It was your second year of primary school. Surprisingly, everyone form the kindergarten had all attended the same school. You and Carla still got into your regular shenanigans, and gained a few more allies on the way. Those included Kid, Lily, Billy and Nugget.

Sneaking in items was more for building random dangerous shit than making some money off of Monty. Still to this day, neither of you have gotten in trouble for building various bombs and firecrackers. Over the two years you and Carla had known each other, you had gotten pretty close really fast. Dare I say, you might have even gotten... crushes on each other?

Neither of you were sure when it happened, perhaps sometime when Penny almost caught you smuggling in one of Carla's half built bombs from home or when said bomb blew up in both your faces a few days later. You were both sure on when you two found out, though.

It was a regular day. You know, the cliché everything was bright and sunny and shit. You and Carla were both sneaking in a few things that would finish of an explosion which would allow you to begin making another tunnel between two places, this time being between the playground and the car park on the other side of the property.

Both of you had different classes that morning, so you had to wait until science until you could start constructing. You had the very-much-contraband hidden at the bottom of your bag.

It was a relatively empty walk from your class to the science class, but Buggs had come out of nowhere and knocked you and your half unzipped backpack, causing a few of the items to fly out, and for you to fall to the ground from the force. A few of those items were the reaction timer, a few wires and a sealed pack of chemicals.

You held your breath, hoping that nothing had broken, and you let out a sigh of relief when nothing was. Looking up when you heard footsteps, you saw Carla turning around the corning. You gave you a friendly wave before her gaze turned to the corner you had just turned.

Her face paled slightly and her eyes widened. She rushed forwards and pulled you up by your arm. She started tugging you frantically to get you around the corner.

"(Y/N)! Carla! You know you shouldn't have this stuff at school. I'm afraid I'll have to send you to the-" Penny's voice was cut of when Carla slammed the door to the classroom shut.
Penny could be heard talking, although it was muffled and didn't sound like it was directed at you.

"We have to get out of here" Carla hissed, stressed from the current situation. Yes, both of you would have to get out of here if you wanted to live another day. You pointed towards the back door in the class room and the two of you bolted towards it as you head Penny getting way to close to the first door.

Running, the two of you made a decision to go to the gymnasium, more specifically, the sports closet. You two had built an escape tunnel that lead into the playground a few months back. You felt fear grip you tighter as you saw Penny watching you from not that far behind you. You were just thankful that the shoes she wore were not meant for running.

Sometime during your escape, Carla had grabbed your hand in a very un-Carla like fashion, and then proceeded to not let go of it. 

You both let out a sigh of relief when you rounded into the gymnasium with Penny still a good five minutes behind you, hopefully. You two ran over (where you getting all this stamina from?) to the sports closet in the back corner of the giant room. You turned and pushed the sports closet door closed. Both of you made towards the back right corner where you had made a secret tunnel that lead to the playground.

You both became frantic when you heard Penny's footsteps approaching.
The 'door' to your tunnel had closed by the time Penny had opened the door. On the plus side, you couldn't even tell the door was there if you didn't know about it.

By the time the two of you had made it to the playground, adrenaline still making you pumped. You and Carla were now hiding in a cubby placed in the far right corner in the playground. You were still puffing from running all the way from the sports shed to the playground.

The first words out of Carla's mouth were

"Don't worry" she was still short of breath, but she was the most athletic out of the entire 'Kindergarten Squad'. You gave her a confused look.

"About the stuff. The timer, wires and chemicals" she explained. She shuffled closer to you and leaned against you slightly.

"I don't know what I would do without you" she mumbled this under her breath, so you couldn't hear what she said. You did, however, lean against her as well. Carla hummed and stared blankly at the wall. You could tell the gears in her head were turning, she was thinking.

"That was too close a call" Carla said after a few minutes. You hummed in agreement. Carla started shaking next to you. You let out a noise of confusion.

"Hey, Carla you're-" you stopped talking. Looking at Carla, you realised why she was shaking. She was crying. It wasn't very obvious, but Carla wasn't exactly good at hiding when she was crying.

Letting out a small gasp of shock, you turned around and hugged Carla tightly. She slowly returned the hug and buried her face in the crook of your neck.

"Y-you almost died!" It was muffled but you could hear here. You let Carla cry for a few minutes before she started pulling away. She leaned back and wiped the rest of her tears off of her face and insisted that she was ok.

Carla glanced at your face a few times before she quickly leaned forward and pecked your cheek.

"This is gonna sound cheesy, but" Carla started, smirking at your flushed face.

"You make my heart go boom".

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

This was originally meant to be something like a drabble... well, enjoy a nice long chapter. I'm still practicing my pacing on some chapters and I'm also still learning how to write some characters, so keep that in mind.

Also, in reference to my art, lemme know if you wanted to see it when it's finished.
Also, for any of you wondering who read it when it first came out, I did go and read it back and add some more into here.

Anyway, I hope you have/had and wonderful day/night.

Bye~