Chapter 2

"Go back to sleep, Angel. I will be right here when you wake up," he said with his silky voice. I listened to his words as I fell into a dreamless slumber.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Patch's POV

I still can't believe she thought that she could lie to me. After all we have been through, she thinks I can't see through it. I know something has been bothering Nora the past few months. I've been trying to figure it out. She thinks I can't see it but she's been having nightmares almost every night and she never tells me what they're about.

I looked down at her peaceful face not showing any signs of waking up. I slowly got out of bed not wanting to wake up my beautiful Angel. I grabbed a pair of dark jeans, a pair of boxers, and a white v neck shirt from my suitcase I haven't unpacked yet. I went to shower as quickly as possible so I will be there when Nora wakes up. I run the water as hot as the shower goes. I hopped into the shower not having to take any clothes off. A sly smirk played across my face remembering the events that occurred last night. After I was done, I got out of the shower, dried off, and put my clothes on. I left the bathroom to go lay back down in bed.

I saw my gorgeous Angel laying in bed peacefully sleeping. I felt someone here. I walked over to the bed casually getting closer to Nora. I turned around and saw a nephilim man standing there, one of the black hand's main men. I reached out grabbing his neck, pushing him against the wall.

"What are you doing here?" I spat in his face as quietly as possible knowing Nora was still asleep. He only replied in a faint smirk.

Then I felt it. The pain. My wing scars. The last thing I heard before I went unconscious was "Make sure the girl-"

Nora's POV

"Make sure the girl doesn't get away!" an unknown voice yelled.

I sat straight up in confusion. I saw about 10 nephilim surrounding a body. And a few looking in my direction, I still lay in without any clothes on. I, instinctively, grabbed the sheets and held them around my body. Wait, why were they in the hotel room Patch and I got. Wait, where was Patch?

Patch! I called out to his thoughts. No reply.

"He won't be waking up for awhile," a man, I recognized as Hank's right hand man, said to me with a smirk on his face looking over to the man that lay motionless on the floor that I now recognize is Patch. My heart sank deep in my chest. I choked on a sob that I tried to hold back. This just made the man laugh.

"I assume you remember me?" the man asked in a sarcastic tone. I obviously remembered him, he was almost always with Hank. I think his name was Jason.

"What do you want with me?!" I half yelled at him.

"First things first, get dressed," Jason smirked, looking at me like he knew what had happened last night, "and second of all, you're coming with us. Don't try anything because you won't get away with it. You're way outnumbered."

I didn't move. I don't know if it was because I was terrified or because I was shocked at what was happening.

"You don't HAVE to get dressed if you don't want to. I mean, I doubt anyone who would mind at all," he smirked again. God, that was annoying.

I finally got out of bed, taking the sheets with me. I could feel Jason's eyes look at me, slow and piercing. I grabbed clothes from my suitcase and ran to the bathroom. I pulled on every article of clothing as slow as I possibly could. I heard Jason yell for me to hurry up. Then the only sounds that was audible were shouts of agony and pain. Then silence.

I walked out if the bathroom not knowing what to expect. My heart was pounding at all the options. I walked out if the room and stood there.

Shocked.