Chapter 1

Steam billowed from the Hogwarts express. As hundreds of students said goodbye to their parents. Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron and Ginny Weasly were outside a compartment of the train saying goodbye to Mrs. Weasly.

“Now remember to be good I don’t want any letters from the school this year. You don’t have any excuses anymore!” she said.

Ginny chuckled, “Don’t worry we’ll be focusing on our school work this year,”

“And remember Mrs. Weasly we don’t go looking for trouble. Trouble finds us,” Said Harry

Mrs. Weasly sighed and gave them all a hug. Then the train’s horn then sounded for them to load onto the train.

Inside the train Harry and Ginny sat in seats facing Ron and Hermione’s.  “I think it’s really nice that there letting all the kids who missed their seventh year last year to come back,” remarked Hermione

Harry nodded, “Things are going to be different though. I heard that classes are going to be jumbled because they couldn’t replace all of the teacher’s that were lost”

“And the school’s going to be guarded by the ministry and the members of the order. But it’s good to be going back,” said Ron

The train ride was slow and uneventful they changed into their robes halfway through the train ride so when they arrived Ginny was sleeping soundlessly in Harry’s arms and Ron was snoring slightly against the compartments window. Nodding to Hermione they shook the two sleepers awake and started to make their way off the train.

They all climbed into a carriage with Neville and Luna. There two friends beamed at them and helped them with loading there stuff. Ron, Ginny had all gotten nimbus two thousand and two’s the newest model that had come out that summer and Harry was overjoyed at the fact his firebolt had been returned to him. Over the summer he had mourned the loss of his broom a gift from his godfather. When he decided to half-heartedly use the summoning charm on it, it had zoomed across the country to his side while he was de-ghomning the Weasly’s garden. His owl Hedwig was lost though nothing could bring back the snowy owl that had been his companion through the years of being a wizard he had gotten a new barn owl Starlight. Who’s behaved just like his old friend.

They arrived at the giant doors of the castle and got off there guarding the doors was Bill and George Weasly two of Ron and Ginny’s older brothers. They nodded at them as they passed through the doors and made their way to the great hall. Of course thought Harry there were people lost who could not be replaced Fred, George’s twin was killed in the battle against Voldemort.

Dinner and sorting was a somber event. While they waited for dessert Professor McGonagall who is standing in for headmistress stood up to make her speech.

“Welcome to Hogwarts! I would like to caution you about wandering through the castle at the moment we still have a few construction projects going on. Also for the first years I would tell you that as you might already know the dark forest around the castle is forbidden! We also have exciting news for this year we have a visitor from the USA coming to tell us a bit about his interesting way of live! He will stay with us for a few weeks before being joined by more of his kind. Please retreat him with respect he will be coming in a few moments escorted by the ministry! That is all!”

Harry, Ron and Hermione looked at each other as dessert appeared and leaned in. “She makes it sound like this visitor isn’t human”, said Ron, “Any ideas Hermione?”

“No not really maybe some type of magically creature?”

   Just then the door crashed open. Standing in the doorway was two ministry officials obviously Aura’s with their wands out and trained on the figure in the middle. Many of the girls gasped when they saw him. The young man was surprisingly human looking and handsome. He was dark haired and had sparkling green eyes. He was dressed in jeans and an orange top with a leather jacket over top of it.

The headmistress frowned, “What is the meaning of this!” she gestured to the boy’s hands. The crowd leaned in to see what she was talking about. The boy’s hands were magically cuffed in front of him.

“Ma’am are you sure it’s a good idea for him to be here. He took on a dozen of our finest and had incapacitated half of them before we got him under control,” said the one on the left

“Well officer I don’t necessarily agree with your methods of greeting a foreign diplomat. I can assure you if I wanted to leave it would only be too easy magic sticks or not!” The boy spoke for the first time his accent distinctly American. He stepped forward from the Auras and in a flash of light the magic cuffs in front of him disappeared. “Hello Headmistress I assume you did not know the nature of my welcoming and this visit is still on?”

“Yes Perseus Jackson welcome. I will you assure it was not in my knowledge that the ministry would make the mistake of trying to use force on you and that the visit if you wish will continue as planned,”

The boy nodded, “Call me Percy only the ones closest to me and my enemies call me by my real name,”

McGonagall excused the Aura’s who gave Percy the eye before turning to leave and turned to the students, “Mr. Jackson here is a Half-blood or a Demigod, he’s half god, half Greek god.”

All the students started to protest. There were several no ways and impossibles from the the Gryffindors, Ravenclaws and Hufflepuff’s. The Slytherins were right out laughing at such a possibility. Harry looked at his friends they were all pretty sure that McGonagall had lost it. Then the ground started to shake the water in there goblets was starting to behave funny. Then at once all the water flung out from the goblets and started to gather around Percy. The laughing and remarks ceased as the entire hall watched as the water moved and started to take shape. Until it was a trembling forked trident in the boy’s hand.

“I am Perseus Jackson son of Poseidon the god of the seas, earth shaker and master of horses. He threw the trident like an expert towards the ceiling that projected the night sky. It hit then turned into several dozen balls of water that fell and found their way to the goblets which they came.

The headmistress smiled, “I think this will be a good way to finish the night. You are all dismissed. Percy if you would stay behind for a little bit longer please,”

All the students gradually made their way out of the hall and two there respected common rooms. The fat lady just swung open when they reached her not asking for the password. As their fellow Gryffindor’s made their way to the dormitories Ginny, Harry, Ron and Hermione stayed behind.

“You think he is legit?” asked Ron

“I don’t know he certainly seems like the real thing,” responded Hermione, “I’m going to have to start researching this at the…,”

“Library!” chorused the others.