"I didn't lose it, but Rebekah glared, "It's just been missing for 90 years." She looked at Stefan wanting approval, "What do you think?"

"I like it," Stefan told her. Rebekah was not satisfied with the tone of his voice, "What? I said I liked it."

"I can always tell when you are lying, Stefan," Rebekah told him, going back into the dressing room.

"Nice one, good work," Klaus told him sarcastically.

"You're the one who pulled the dagger out of her," Stefan mumbled.

"I heard that!" Rebekah yelled.

"All right. I'm going to get some fresh air," Stefan said getting up.

Klaus poured himself and Layla another glass of champagne, "You know you would look beautiful in anything that you wear."

Layla smiled and looked at her feet, "Thanks."

*****************

Stefan went outside and spotted Katherine across the street. She gestured him over to her and he obliged.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Stefan asked her.

"You two look chummy," Katherine said, "Klaus your new bestie?"

"You know, if he finds out you're in Chicago, you're dead."

"Happy to know you still care," Katherine smirked, "So tell me if I'm wrong...Rebekah's necklace that Klaus is looking for...that's the necklace you gave to Elena."

Stefan sighed, "Goodbye Katherine."

"Hey, hey. Wait," Katherine stopped Stefan, "You're up to something tell me..."

"They don't know where the necklace is," Stefan told her, "I just have to keep them from figuring it out. I have it all under control."

"Please, tell me you have a better plan than that," Stefan didn't answer, "You do. Come on, Stefan. You're not the diabolical type. Whatever you're planning, it's not going to work."

"Well, if the most diabolical woman I know can't seem to figure it out, then I must be doing something write," Stefan smirked.

"Uh-huh. I forgot. Your bad now," Katherine stated cooly, "Don't get too cocky. Klaus is smarter than you. He's smarter than everyone. And I've heard about that sister. Be carful. She'll ruin you."

"Happy to know you still care," Stefan said before turning away to leave.

********************

Stefan entered Gloria's, Klaus, Rebekah, and Layla sat at the bar. Gloria was sitting at a table, trying to find the necklace.

"You left us," Rebekah accused Stefan.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. Retail therapy was making my head explode," Stefan shrugged.

"Tell me about it," Klaus muttered.

Stefan looked over at Gloria, "What is she doing?"

"She's failing,"

Layla glared at Klaus, she grown to like Gloria, "Do it yourself than."

Gloria smiled at Layla, "Thank you dear. It's hard to find something when you don't have anything to go on."

"So use me," Rebekah suggested, "I only wore it for a thousand years."

"See? Now this one offers a solution," Gloria smiled. Rebekah sat at the table, "All right, give me your hand, sweetheart." Rebekah gave Gloria her hand as Stefan, Klaus, and Layla watched.