Chapter 2: feelings?

The end of the day comes around and I head home. It takes about 5 minutes to pick up prim and then another 5 minutes to get home. While I was walking to the middle school, Annie comes up behind me with her whole group of friends.
"Hey Katniss! I want you to meet my friends. This is Johanna, Cato, Clove, Marvel, Glimmer, Finnick and Peeta."
When I heard her say Peeta my face shot right up and I waved at him.
"Hi." I say to everyone.
"It looks like you already know Peeta, is that true?" Asked Annie.
"Yeah. I bumped into him in the hall and I asked him if he could show me around a lunch and he did. That's why I wasn't there at lunch." I explain.
"Well I'm glad you already know him. Now it's time for you to get to know my other friends." Says Annie.
"Hi I'm Clove!" She says hugging me.
I was kind of weirded out that she hugged me like I already knew her, but I find her to be really nice and I can't wait to get to know everyone. Cato and Clove are a thing, so is Annie and Finnick. Glimmer and Marvel are single, but I see the way Marvel looks at her. He has a crush on Glimmer! Johanna is tough. She randomly started calling me brainless like we are sisters. I don't really care though, she is very protective over her friends and I respect that. I invite them to come pick up Prim with me and to my house. They very much enjoyed prim. And I'm really glad because she really likes to hang out with the guys. We head to my house and, since it's a Friday, we put our backpacks down and head to my basement to watch a movie. Prim came with us. Cato and Clove lied down with each other and so did Annie and Finnick. Glimmer lied head down on marvel's shoulder. And I say next to Prim and Johanna. Peeta say on the other side of prim.
"What movie should we watch?" Asked Annie.
"I have a load of them in the drawer, if you wanna pick out what you wanna watch." I explain. Everyone gets up and goes to check out the movies. Annie picked out "The Notebook" and everyone except for Johanna thought it was a good movie to watch. Johanna isn't a person to like romance, but she is gonna have to live with it. While we were watching the movie me and prim were whispering to each other.
"Katniss?" Asked prim.
"Yes little duck?"
"Do you have a crush on anyone at your school?" She asks.
"Why do you ask?" I ask.
Prim and I look around to see if anyone is watching.
"I see the way you look at Peeta. You stare at him with a smile on your face for like 5 minutes. He never noticed but I know you like him." She explains.
I look around to make sure no one is listening. Especially Peeta.
"Ok I do, just a little, have a crush on him, but I'm not sure if he feels the same way about me. Heck, he probably doesn't! But you can't tell anyone. Prim I'm serious." I say in a soft whisper.

Peeta's POV:

I look at prim and Katniss whispering to each other. katniss' hair is in a side braid and she is laying down under a blanket with prim. Katniss is so pretty. Wait? Did I just say that? Well I mean she is. I wonder what her and Prim are talking about.
"The movie is finally over!" Screamed Johanna. "Now let's do something more productive."
"Uhhh...... Well what about playing a game?" Finnick asked.
"Nahhhhh. Something better." Said Johanna.
"Well what do u want to do Johanna?" Asked Katniss.
"Well since it's only 7:00, why don't we go out for a late night picnic?" Asked Johanna.
"Sounds great! Let's go!" Says Annie.

Katniss' POV:

Johanna suggested on going on a late night picnic. I thought it was a great idea. Just where?
"Where are we gonna have the picnic?" Asked Peeta.
"Oh I know! What about the meadow? My father and I used to go there all the time when I was little. It is such a beautiful place to be at." I exclaim.
"Well let's get going then!" Yelled Johanna.
I took us about 10 minutes to walk to the meadow. Once we got there, we put down a blanket and a basket with food inside it. We started talking for a while.
"Hey so did u guys here about the dance?" Peeta asked.
"Yeah." I said sadly because I don't have a date to the dance.
"Yeah! And I already asked someone. I asked Annie." Finnick mentions.
"And I asked clove!" Said Cato happily.
"And Thresh asked me." Johanna said. We were all shocked when we heard Johanna say that Thresh asked her because she isn't the one for romance. I'm serious.
"When did that happen?" I asked.
"This aftertoon after school. Before I met you he came to me and asked me, and I accepted. I didn't want to be the loner at the party.
"Who asked you guys?" Annie said motioning towards me and Peeta.
"Well, nobody asked me yet." I said upset.
"And I haven't asked anyone yet." Says Peeta. I wonder if he is gonna ask me. No, that can't be true. He doesn't like me.
"Oh, I'm sorry you two. Maybe you guys can go together!" Joked Finnick.
I look at Finnick then at Peeta and I start to blush. What if he does wanna ask me to the dance?
"Kidding!" Finnick says.

Peeta's POV:

Does Finnick know that I have feelings for katniss? I didn't tell him so how would he know. Anyways, I can't ask her to the dance, she doesn't like me back. Does she? I'm gonna tak to her.
"Umm... Katniss can I talk to you for a second?" I asked.
"Uhh... Sure." She said.
We go behind a tree and we start talking.
"They are talking about the dance, and we both don't have a date. I was wondering if you might uh..... Want to maybe...... Go to the....... The dance... With uh.....me?" I say. "I mean you don't have to but I-" I was cut off by her lips crashing into mine.
"I'm guessing that's a yes?" She says.
"In every language." She laughs.
We don't behind the tree for another 10 minutes looking up at the stars. My arm is around he waist and we just sit there. It felt natural. To be sitting with the girl that a like. I'm so happy were going to the dance together. Now I just need to ask her to be my girlfriend.

---------------------------------
Hey guys! Thanks for reading! It means a lot! Hope you like it and if you have any suggestions, don't mind asking me. I'm thinking if updating another chapter tomorrow. Again, hope you enjoy! Bye❤️❤️