My nervousness held my eyes closed as I whispered silent prayers. "Can you please open your eyes, Asmau?" he asked, in amusement.

He chuckled, and I found his voice soothing. Slowly, I opened my eyes, and there he stood, with eyes that seemed to see right into my soul. I almost got lost in his dark orbs until he spoke up.

"My beautiful bride," he whispered, and my cheeks flushed, my gaze instinctively dropping to the ground out of shyness.

He captured my hands in his, his lips grazing my knuckles in a tender kiss. "I love your henna," he compliments.

"Well, I sent you the henna picture on WhatsApp, but you seemed to not have cared completely." I said, or more like complained, but then used that opportunity to check him out. He was dressed in a White Khaftan and Babbar riga with a zanna bukar cap which fits perfectly on his head, making him look more dazzling.

What? I didn't just admire his looks, did i?

His expression shifted to surprise, "You did? I honestly didn't know. When was that?"

"Ango, we don't have enough time, so I suggest you leave your lovers talk for later" One of his friends interrupted making me to laugh.

"We will talk later then wifey" He said, and drew me into an unexpected embrace, a hug that wrapped around me securely. Perhaps, this marriage wouldn't be as scary as I had imagined.

All the association of awwwn began their duty while flashing videos and snapping pictures of us. Series of Yodeling was heard too.

"This kind love, I'm already getting jealous. Please, let's start with the pictures," Ya Aminah's playful remarked, which prompted us to begin the pictures.

The photographer captured moments – Abubakar's hands encircling my waist, that made me slightly uncomfortable but I have to get use to it I guess. Then, we took some shots with my nieces, nephews and other family members.

"Shall we head to Babaji's?" I suggested to Abubakar with a smile.

"Sure," he responded softly, helping me adjust my laffaya so that my face was respectfully concealed.

As we entered Babaji's parlor, voices conversing greeted us. The room was filled with family members, aunties, and uncles, all present for the Nasiha session.

The air was filled with yodeling voices and murmurs of "Ma shaa Allah." as we walked in. Abubakar's hand remained reassuringly in mine as we took our seats on the carpet, facing my father.

Babaji's Nasiha commenced with a long lecture on patience, a word that seemed to echo through his talk repeatedly. He then went into the importance of trust in a marriage. He delivered his nasiha, before Ba Kaka, took over.

My Dad's friends and uncles too gave us their own pieces of advice. After that, the nasiha session got concluded with du'as before we moved out of the parlor.

"I will be going now, but I'll return later to pick you up for the dinner, and then we will go to our new home," Abubakar's voice broke through my thoughts, and my heart skipped a bit when he mentioned that. Tonight, I won't sleep under my parents' roof. The idea of a new life starting was freaking me out.

"Okay," I replied softly, my eyes unable to meet his gaze, fixated on the floor.

He leaned in and pressed a gentle kiss on my forehead, making my heart flutter. With a quiet "bye," he left the room, accompanied by his friends.

"Could you please stop blushing?" Ibty's amused tone pulled me back to reality.

"I wasn't blushing," I retorted, my cheeks betraying me.