Flaws

"You have always worn your flaws upon
Your sleeve
And I have always buried them deep
Beneath the ground"

"Flaws" – Bastille

"Truth" I tell Courtney, causing her to roll her eyes slightly. I wait for her to ask whatever question she chooses. Hope is looking slightly interested and has stopped her conversation with Ashton. Everyone is either looking at me or Courtney.

"How old were you when you lost your virginity?" Courtney asks, sounding genuinely curious. The question could be a lot worse; I was expecting her to start stirring up trouble.

"Fifteen" I answer honestly. I was dating a guy back in Seattle and he really wanted to have sex, so I agreed to it. I don't regret it, a part of me thinks I should have waited until I was really in love with someone, but I don't care enough to regret it.

"Hope, truth or dare?" Courtney asks, turning so she's facing Hope.

"Dare, obviously" Hope decides, pushing a strand of curly hair behind her. She's wearing black skinny jeans, a purple top, and a black jacket, her outfit is tight and shows off her slim body.

"I dare you to kiss Juliet" Courtney says, glancing at me. I think Courtney sees the look of hesitation on my face.

"Okay, but why?" Hope sounds bored. I  don't really want to kiss Hope in front of everyone, they'll be watching and I'll feel so uncomfortable.

"If you refuse, your both out of the game." Courtney is enjoying this a little too much. But she's right, that is the one rule people have while playing this game, if you are caught lying or refuse to do a dare, you're out. At parties, we all plan to play until there's a winner, but we hardly ever get to the point where there is only one person left.

Hope moves towards me slowly and I head over to her. Hope is attractive, but I've never kissed a girl, I've never kissed anyone except my ex-boyfriend before. I'm really close to Hope's face, my heart is racing. Hope leans forward and kisses me suddenly, before I can process it or protest. Her lips taste like cherries and they're soft. She pulls back and goes back to where she was sitting.

"Courtney, truth or dare?" Chelsy asks, turning to face the head cheerleader. Courtney snorts and ties her dyed white-blonde hair into a high ponytail.

"Like you have to ask" Courtney replies. Her green eyes are staring at me, I have no idea what she is up to, but I think her plan for the evening may just involve me.

"What was your opinion on Eleanor Flynn?" Noah asks, before Chelsy can give her a dare. Oh my god, this will not end well, I won't be shocked if it ends with Hope physically attacking Courtney.

Hunter glances at me. "Do you think Courtney planned this party just to mess with Hope or just came up with this on the spot?" she whispers. Courtney seems like the type of person who plans things, I don't think she's just naturally bitchy.

"Totally planned" I whisper back, looking around to see if anyone heard us. No one cares about our conversation, they're all too busy looking at Hope, who has stiffened and looks visibly tense. This is too much, Hope shouldn't have to listen to people bitch about Eleanor.

"She was a bitch, she made everyone into worse versions of themselves and used people's secrets against them. Is anyone here actually affected by her death? I think we're all relieved she's finally dead" Courtney says, smirking slightly as she looks over at Hope.

Nobody is talking, everyone is waiting for Hope to react. Hope is fiery and has a temper, she won't let this pass.

"Say that again and I swear to god I will rip your head off" Hope snaps, glaring at Courtney. I think Hope will honestly punch the next person who speaks.