"It's no b-big deal," I said.

"What do you mean it's no big deal? He's hurting you!"

"Why do you even care?"

"I... um.... uh... well," he stuttered. "I got to go," he muttered and quickly got up, power walking toward the door. He stopped suddenly and turned around, "would you want to go to a party with me on Friday?"

"I d-don't think that's a good idea," I said, shivering at the thought of me in a crowded house party.

"Please? I promise I won't let anyone bother you, I'll protect you." I look at his gorgeous face, that dimple as he smiled at me hopefully, his beautiful emerald eyes. If I were standing my knees would have gone weak. I sighed, knowing I would regret this later.

"Okay," I blurted out before I could convince myself not to. He smiled wide and started backing up towards the door, eyes locked on me the whole way.

"Awesome, I'll pick you up at eight, okay?" I nodded and then before I could say anything else, he turned and walked out my front door. I stared at the space that Trent had just occupied absolutely perplexed. What the hell just happened, what did I agree to? I was really going to go to a house party with Trent Rodriguez this Friday. I was out of my damn mind. I didn't fit in with the kind of kids who went to parties. But I was definitely intrigued by Trent, and wanted to spend more time with him, so I stupidly said yes. To distract myself from my poor decision making skills, I turned on the tv and started catching up on YouTube videos.

"Hey honey, we're home!" Mom called as her and Dad arrived home from work. "Oh my god, what happened to your ankle?" She rushed over to where I was on the couch and moved the ice that Trent had tenderly placed on my ankle before he left.

"I tripped," I lied. Mom looked like she didn't believe me but didn't question me further.

"We should take you to an urgent care, have an x-ray," she suggested.

"No!" I shouted; eyes wide with fear. I couldn't go to urgent care, and have doctors touching me, bandaging my leg. It was bad enough having Trent do it. Mom looked confused and concerned. "I mean, a friend helped me home and bandaged it up. His mom is a nurse, so he knew what to do. He said it's just a sprain and I'll be fine in like a week." I smiled reassuringly.

"Alright," she sighed, "we'll keep an eye on it. If it doesn't start getting better in a few days, we are taking you to a doctor. Understand?" She asked sternly. I nodded and then got up and made my way to my room as quickly as I could with my injured ankle. I flopped down on my bed and took my phone out, opening my iMessage app and opening my conversation with Nat.

Grayson: Remember when I said I almost got beat up this morning?

Nat: Oh no, what happened?

Grayson: Kyle came back for round two after school.

Nat: And where was your knight in shining armor?

Grayson: Smoking in the parking lot...

Nat: Okay so he's a knight in ash covered armor.

Grayson: He's not my knight in any kind of armor Nat. Although he did drive me home.

Nat: What?!

Grayson: Well they kind of sprained my ankle. It was either let him drive me or limp a mile.

Nat: Gray! Are you okay?!

Grayson: It should heal in like a week.

Nat: What happened when he drove you home?

Grayson: He got really mad that Kyle beat me up. Like scary mad.

Nat: Why?

Grayson: He got even more mad when I asked.

Nat: Did he like, go in your house?

Grayson: He wrapped my ankle for me.

Nat: What alternate universe did we enter where Trent Rodriguez is dressing your wounds?

Grayson: I don't know but I want to go back to our timeline. There's something else too...

Nat: What?!

Grayson: He asked me to a party on Friday... I said yes.

Nat: You're serious? You agreed to go to a party? Why on Earth would you... Grayson Michael Daniels, are you crushing on Trent Rodriguez?!

Grayson: I can barely let him near me without having a panic attack, I can't even think about having a crush.

Nat: What is up with that? No one can get near you?

Grayson: I don't know, Nat. I got to go, night.

I locked my phone and threw it at the end of my bed. I felt it vibrate again as Nat texted me back a million times. I ignored the texts. I would forgive her by tomorrow, but I just couldn't keep talking about it. I wasn't even sure why no one could touch me; well I had my ideas. I just don't know how to say, 'I think I may have been assaulted as a child, but my only memories of it are in the form of nightmares I have every single night,' without sounding absolutely insane.

I pushed all of those thoughts aside and decided to start on my homework to distract me until I was called for dinner. I avoided conversation as much as possible with my parents by inhaling my dinner and immediately leaving the table. I limped back to my room, finished my homework, and got ready for bed. I knew I wouldn't get much sleep tonight, but if my parents thought I was asleep they'd leave me alone. That was all I wanted tonight, all I wanted ever, to be left alone. Well, by everyone whose name wasn't Trent Rodriguez. Maybe I was developing a slight crush, oh God what am I going to do?