05

The hour-long orientation went on smoothly, without any further interruptions. Though to be fair, she was the only interruption that had hitched the event at all today.                                                                     

               "...That concludes our orientation ceremony for today. Classes will commence in fifteen minutes, be sure to arrive on time. And to that, I wish you all a great first day of class and a great academic year." The Headmaster's voice died down. 

               He carefully shuffled a few papers into a neat stack at the podium where he was standing. Once they were to his liking, he looked into the crowd, his eyes knowing exactly where to go, landing on a reclusive Violet.

                Violet's burning irises didn't waver. She wasn't the type to step down. That being said, she didn't look away from his gaze at all. She wasn't very fond of him. Her recollections of him weren't the kindest, and she had plenty of questions for him whenever she had the chance to ask them. The same professor Violet had met this morning was now at his side, smiling and placing her hand on his lower elbow as she directed him away from the center-stage. Violet's eyes remained on his figure as he walked away, his back turned to her. It was just another reminder that he was an absolute heinous character.

                The students in the auditorium were dismissing themselves row by row, and it didn't take Violet's row very long to stand and leave. She had many thoughts running through her mind at once. Of them, one of the most important was the fact that she had no idea what her first class of the day was nor where it was located. She controlled her impatience as she walked behind her row of classmates that were seated by her and picked up her pace as soon as she was out of the encasing doors of the auditorium. She could hear the mindless chatter of excitement all around her but she didn't bother to stop and join.

                Violet stormed into the dormitory doors and don into its hallways until she was at her own door again. As soon as she made it through, she rummaged around the mess she had made the day prior in search of the paperwork that Scitus had given her. Eventually, after shoveling through layers of clothing and blankets, she found the intricately tied file. Inside, was her academic schedule and a map of the layout of the academy building. It was far better to be safe than sorry, so Violet folded the two sheets of paper and stuffed them into one of her jean's pockets before grabbing her book bag and taking off once more.

              This time, Violet walked around slowly, observing her new environment. She wondered where Ava was and what her first class may have been. Violet wondered about the little details, like, what kind of book bag Ava would be using. Looking around, a lot of the girls and boys were carrying around a standard leather book bag to their classes. While others were using backpacks to keep all their belongings together. Others, such as Nadine, used a purse to get by, accompanied by their favorite overly-aggressive perfume. Violet found herself picking up the pace, knowing how quickly time would pass her by.

                The main building of the academy, the scholar building, was at the center of the gated community. It was the land's pride and joy. Inside the medieval-like time capsule, it was a chaotic sight. Looking at the building itself, Violet had nothing to complain about. She was always a sucker for history and beautiful architecture, and this academy had both. And whether she liked it or not, she was appreciative of that at the very least. Violet's first class on her schedule was arithmetic, math in a room labeled on her paper as '002' with a professor named Ms. Lym. Looking at her heavily noted map of the innards of the academy, the room she needed to be in was not too far from the entrance in which she stood. She traced her finger from the 'you are here' pin on her map until it reached an empty square with the diction, 'Calculus, Ms. Lym'. She took a few steps and finally looked to her right, and there she was. She was happy to open the heavy door and make her way into the classroom since the hallway was beginning to sound more like a zoo full of wild animals than a respected school at all.