The Car Ride

Nico POV

Don't get me wrong, I was only here because I was too weak to shadow travel again, and while it wouldn't have been the first time I spent a night on the streets... it wasn't ideal. I'll probably get enough strength to shadow travel farther away tomorrow or the next day. I could go to my dad's, of course, but I'm thinking China. Lots of people and I know Chinese from all the times I accidentally shadow traveled there. Also, it is pretty. Maybe after that France? Or England?

"So, Nico, tell us more about yourself." Peters dad, sorry, mentor asked. Is it wrong that I already forgot his name?

"Um, I'm 15, I have ADHD, and I'm dyslexic. I uhhhh, like to sleep. What about you guys?" ... yea, great Nico 'I like to sleep'? Are you serious?

"I love science, and I go to Midtown High School! I have two best friends MJ and Ned! I have a boyfriend named Wade too! MJ's a lesbian! Oh, I probably shouldn't have said that." (They will only be mentioned you won't see them in this if you don't like it just try to ignore it)

My brain was trying to process all of this... He was gay too?!? And he had a boyfriend! I sink into my corner a little more and continue listening.

"Well, bambino, you should have thought about what you were saying" He chuckles.

"Wait, you speak Italian?" I asked when I realized what he called Peter.

"Sí! Fai?" (Yes! Do you?)

"È la mia prima lingua e sono nato in Italia." (It's my first language, and I was born in Italy.) (Translations courtesy of Google translate)

"So your bilingual?"

"No. I can speak several others fluently or partially." Some of them from accidental shadow traveling, some of them I learned from other demigods, and some of them I knew because of the whole "Ambassador to Pluto" thing.

"How many?" Peter's eyes spark with interest.

"Eight... I think"

"Woah, that's super cool! Can you tell me what Mr.Stark keeps calling me? He won't tell me!"

"NO! Nope, no, please don't tell him!"

"Why not?" Peter whined.

"He called you his child," I say directly, already having fun with this conversation. I don't trust them yet, but I don't feel in inmediate danger at least. 

"Aww, that's cute, Mr.Stark!" Peter's dad/mentor thing just whined to this. Seriously what were these two? After that statement, we pulled up to an expensive-looking building. It's like nothing on my dads' palace or anything that Annabeth made, but I guess it's pretty good for mortals. They look at me again to see my reaction. I just shrug with a bored face. Is there something here I just don't know?