Chapter 13: New Teacher

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. It belongs to Kishimoto-sensei.

OxoxO

In one of Tagore's poem, he described morning dew to be one of the most beautiful sight he has ever seen. I agree with him wholeheartedly. After all, it was the only reason I got out from the comfort of blanket during winter break, be it in village or in capital. After enjoying the marvelous sight, I would go back to bed to sleep in until ten.

But at the moment, I wasn't standing in the middle of the training ground for just the sight. For last few days, this time in the morning had been dedicated to practice chakra control exercises that would help me in regard to training my water affinity. Hiruzen said that he would tell Kakashi to train me in water style. When he said I could probably learn lower rank water jutsus by myself with instruction scrolls only, I felt really flattered. He wanted me to start with water style because the most harm I will do if I screw up a water jutsu unsupervised, namely putting a crap load of chakra, was to drown myself. If the same thing happens with a wind style jutsu, buying new clothes would be the least of my worries. So learning anything remotely to do with wind had to wait until I was in the capital. Before he went to his office, he asked for my notebook on chakra control exercises. He marked the helpful exercises at index and added few pointers in margin.

And so there I was, practicing Gathering Dew for the last two hours. This exercise is pretty advanced if you compare it to trying to raise water level of a lake because there is a lot of water for chakra to set in. On the other hand, chakra can scatter the few tenths of a milliliter of water in a dew drop and make them even smaller. So basically, this is more of an extreme chakra control exercise than refining water nature. And it was F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-I-N-G.

To consider this exercise successful, I had to attract dewdrops to my palm at the same time. This was hard to do because of micro chakra field I had to create on my palm had to be equal in power. Otherwise dewdrops won't hover up at same time. Honestly this step wasn't necessary but since I was after perfecting chakra control as much as possible, Jiraiya added it on the side note.

After another failed attempt, I looked at the horizon. Not much time was left before sunrise; the sky had already started to get red tinge. I had half an hour at most to practice before dewdrops started to evaporated.

"I see you are hard at work." My head whipped to the source of that unfamiliar voice. The person standing there was none other than the mummy motherfucker I wished I didn't meet face to face on this planet, Danzo fookinShimura.

My hands automatically went up to start the handseal series for body flicker. But before I could make the second handseal, Danzo appeared in front of me in the blink of an eye. "Don't you think it's rude to attack someone who doesn't have any ill-will towards you?" Danzo said in a calm voice while he kept my hands in his tight grip, not giving me any chance to continue. My fight or flight sense screamed and on pure instinct, I performed a seal-less substitution with Danzo's walking stick; which was left stuck on ground when he jumped to catch me.

"Who are you?" I have gone over scenarios where I would come face to face with this man and in every single one of them I planned to feign ignorance about his identity. Thank the God my mouth didn't betray me at a time like this.

"It's good to see that your reaction is fast. You have making of a powerful shinobi." From my position, I could only see his back. I would've liked to see his reaction for getting his stick back in his hand this way. "I am Danzo Shimura, one of the advisers to the Hokage." He turned back to face me as he finished his sentence.

"What business would an esteemed member of Leaf's hierarchy have with me?" Okay, so he is not here to play hostile villain. That means he is going for manipulation right now. And speaking of manipulation… 'Hey Shiku, you in there?' if there was someone I would trust to detect any form of sharingan genjutsu it would be Kurama, other than having experience in being put under its influence he was within my…..belly's reach.