6

[ I sincerely apologize for constantly missing upload days.]

Scott and Tessa entered the parking garage with his groceries. Melissa figured it would be good for Tessa to get out of the house and that it wasn't good for Tessa to be alone, hence her going to the grocery store with Scott.

"Damn it," Scott muttered.

Tessa frowned. "Don't tell me you lost the car."

Scott glanced at her. "I lost the car. Wait. Shh. Shh."

He started running and muttered, "Oh, crap."

Scott ran over the cars, sounding the alarms while Tessa hung back. His phone started ringing. "No. No, stop."

Derek lunged at Scott and pinned him. "You're dead."

"What - what the hell was that?"

"Said I was gonna teach you. I didn't say when."

"You scared the crap out of me. And judging from the glare Tessa's giving you, you terrified her."

"Not yet." He gave Tessa an apologetic smile.

"Okay, but I was fast, right?"

"Not fast enough."

"But - but the car alarm thing, that was smart, right?"

"Yeah," Tessa said. "Till your phone rang."

"Yeah, but that was - I mean - would you just stop? Please? What happened the other night, Stiles' dad getting hurt, that was my fault. I should have been there to do something. I need you to teach me how to control this."

Tessa glared at her cousin. "Yeah. You shouldn't have let him get hurt."

"Look, I am what I am because of birth," Derek told him. "You were bitten. Teaching someone who was bitten takes time. I don't even know if I can teach you."

"What do I have to do?" Scott asked.

"You have to get rid of distractions." He held up Scott's phone. "You see this? This is why I caught you. You want me to teach you? Get rid of her."

"What, just because of her family?" Derek threw his phone into a wall, shattering it. "Wait - wait - whoa - whoa!"

"You getting angry? That's your first lesson. You want to learn how to control this, how to shift, you do it through anger, by tapping into a primal animal rage, and you can't do that with her around."

"I can get angry."

"Not angry enough. This is the only way that I can teach you. Now, can you stay away from her? At least until after the full moon?"

"If that's what it takes."

"Do you want to leave? Do you want to protect your friends and your cousin? Yes or no?"

"Yes. If you can teach me, I can stay away from her." He left.

"Scott!" Tessa called. "Di Immortales!"

Derek glanced at her. "I got a car. You want a ride or not?"

"No offense, but no. I'll walk."

"Tessa, it's dark out and something could happen to you."

"Is the big bad werewolf worried about me? That's sweet. But I've been in far more danger on my own."

"You're not human. Not fully."

"Look, I gotta go."

"Get in the car, Tessa."

She did so, keeping away from Derek.