64 zoo lane.

(River p.o.v)

We were driving to the scene and I could tell something was wrong.
"You good baby?" Derek asked.
"Something feels wrong. This whole thing. Something doesn't add up."
"What do you mean?"
"I've never told anyone how my mother died but you guys. If he was stalking me how.....how did he know?"
"Could have looked it up baby. Was it a big case?"
"It was, but my father made sure no one but the police knew how the victims died. They even used my mother's maiden name so no one linked it back to us."
"Did you mention anything about your mother passing away to Mike?"
"He asked about my family so I told him that she was murdered and my father and brother were dead. He didn't really ask about them again after that. I didn't even tell him how she was murdered. You guys are the only ones who know that wasn't apart of that case."
"We will question him all you want baby. We will get him. I promise."
"I don't know. It still feels like something is wrong. I just can't work out what."
We soon made it to his place and I remembered the last time I was here.

("My love please you can't leave me. I love you will all my heart."
"You don't love me."
"But I do!"
"Mike. Go fuck yourself right to hell.")

"Dr.Finley!" Hotch exclaimed as he pulled me out of my thoughts.
"I'm sorry. I was lost in thought. It won't happen again."
"Are you sure you can go in? If it's too much I can wait out here with you." Spencer told.
"I can go in. I just remembered the last time I left here that's all. I promise I'm fine."
"Hotch....." J began before being cut off by him.
"Reid is she zoned out again you take her away from the house till we tell you to bring her back you understand?"
"I understand."
'Do not zone out. You know your father would warn you about zoning out on a case.'
Once we were all there we split up into teams. Hotch, Prentiss and Rossi went through the front and Morgan, J, Reid and me went through the back and we began to slowly make our way.
"Dr.Reid do you smell that?" I asked as soon as we took a step in.
"Strong amount of iron smell though out the house. Could he...."
"I would not be surprised but he wouldn't do it here. He was all about being neat, at least he was when we were together."
"Where's the room he would sleep in Baby?"
"This way." I told as I pointed to the direction of the hall way.
"The kitchen is clear!" Prentiss shouted
"Along with the lounge!" Rossi shouted.
"Something is not right. This is too easy." I told as we continued to make our way to his old room.
Morgan opened the door up and pushed it opened before quickly turning to us as a strong smell of death left the room.
"Reid get Finley out of here."
"Why?"
"On it." Reid told as he began to drag me away.
"I'm allowed to know what is in that room Morgan!"
"Baby you will but we need you outside right now."
Spencer dragged me out of the house and sat with me on the curb as the rest of the team talked.
"He's dead isn't he." I stated as I look towards the ground.
"Most likely."
"Will they think I did it?"
"Maybe. I know you didn't though."
"I've never harmed a single soul. I hit him in the knee and wrist so I could escape. That's the only time I've ever hurt anyone."
"That was self defence and a long time ago River."
"I told Jade. Before we left I told her to go on the road trip with her friends for as long as she wanted. Thought it was safer for her if she wasn't near me at the moment."
"Babe. No matter what we will solve this."
"I know. Feel bad for him."
"Why? He hurt you so much....."
"Because, no matter how bad they are, murdered is not the way anyone should go. My father taught me that."
"What happened that stopped you from calling him dad?"
"He left his only kid. Treated us like shit and was the last reason the school needed to start my therapy."
"Did you go to therapy again after what happened?"
"Yeah for half of the year. After the restraining order I felt safe and I had you to help me feel safe so I didn't need it any more. They even thought that as well."
"Dr.Finley!"
We turned around to see Hotch standing there with no emotions like usual. He gave a nod and we got up and made our way to him.
"Yes?"
"I need you to show your emotions to me."
"Ok." I told before I took a few deep breaths before allowing myself to show him my emotions.
"Have you been here since the night you left?"
"Once. It was needed so I could get all my belongings that I left there. I was with officers."
"Would you have killed him?"
"No. I know what it's like for someone you love and care about to be murdered and I would never do that to someone unless they tried to kill me and it was self defence. Now can I see?"
"Of course."
We made our way inside and Spencer grabbed my hand to help with my emotions. He led me back to the room and everyone stood there in shock. I walked into the room and saw how nothing changed that much from the years I've been gone from.
"River we are here for you. It's going to be fine." Spencer told as he rubbed circles into my hand. I looked at his cold dead eyes and how his mouth was covered in tape but you could still clearly see he was screaming in pain before he died. I looked up at the wall and couldn't look away as I understood why the house smelt like blood.
"River......?"
"If he is dead then who the hell is stalking me?"

I did it to protect her!