Visions

Adrien/Chat's POV

"Pound it!" I fist-bumped our signature move with Ladybug, after defeating yet another Akumatized villain.

These were getting more and more tiring, but a superhero's job is never easy!

Ladybug's earings beeped, so she quickly bid me farewell and waved goodbye. As I stood there watching her zip away, I blew a small kiss in her direction, before diverting my attention to reaching back home.

Jumping through my large window, I dropped my transformation and fell on the bed.

"That fight was so tiring," I mumbled. While Plagg whined about asking more cheese than he already had, I decided to pick up my phone and check it.

I had a few unanswered texts and I simply answered those, before calling Natalie to my room.

A soft knock was heard almost immediately, and I called out, "Come in."

"You called, Adrien?" Natalie asked, after striding into my room in her formal fashion.

"I wanted to ask about my schedule," I asked, hoping that I'd have some time off.

"You don't have anything in particular planned today, your classes were shifted to tomorrow evening." She said in her composed voice.

"I'd like to sleep a bit then, I didn't get much sleep last night," I replied, truthfully, hoping she wouldn't ask too many questions.

She looked at me quizzically but then sighed as she complied to my request.

She left soon after and I laid down on my bed.

It was around 7 pm already.

The sun had almost set, but I wanted to rest some before dinner.

I hadn't even properly settled myself when something suddenly flashed in my mind.

'With your permission M'lady?'
She smiled at me, a dazzling smile that only the sun could rival, as her hand clasped mine. She stood and her tippy-toes, and I bent slightly down, to capture her lips within mine'

I was confused by this sudden memory, the only possible explanation could be Oblivio. But did that actually happen?

But another sudden thought interrupted my reminiscent.

'Tikki spots on!' Marinette said. And the transformation left me awestruck. She looked so fierce as Ladybug, and I could hardly keep the blush from crawling in. She fumbled with her powers but nonetheless showed such great courage. 'I want to fight with you. If we're a couple, then we'd be stronger...together!' I pleaded but in vain. She denied my request but said. 'If you go out, the supervillain would see your real identity. And besides, I would want nothing to happen to you. I'm beginning to understand how much you mean to me, Adrien.' With this, her soft hands cupped my face, and she planted a feather-light kiss on my cheek.
'I don't need any memory to know that I love that girl!' I whispered softly, as she left to fight the villain...

By the time these soft scenes and voices subsided, I was as still as a rock. Were those...were those real memories?

I was almost too afraid to answer the question lingering in my mind. Did I just find out who Ladybug is?

I've got to ask her about this.

With this thought in my mind, I quickly transformed, ignoring Plagg's screams, and leapt across the rooftops.

I was going to go to Marinette's since it was her in my memories. But to my surprise, I found Ladybug swinging with her yoyo in my direction.

We both met at one of the roofs, and she stared at me, without speaking a word.

Then she looked down, while saying, "H-hey Chat? What are you doing here?"

"I could ask y-you the same thing..." I whispered, almost scared to say it any louder. Was it really Marinette behind that mask? Could I really be that lucky, to get someone as amazing as her as my partner?

Their eyes were the same, so was their hair. And their voice. And the way they stand up for what is right.

I began to see the similarities between M'lady and my sweet classmate.

It could be no one other than her.

I knew I could be wrong, but something in me told me to do what I did.

I stepped closer to her and tilted her face to mine, while whispering, "Hey, Marinette..."

Her eyes widened as she stepped away from me and said, "What?! What are you saying...?"

"So it is you..." I muttered. I took a deep breath before beginning my story. "I...I had a weird vision. Us kissing, and you, well Marinette, transforming in front of me. I don't know if that was a dream or a vision or a memory."

She seemed taken aback by my story, as she shrieked, "Adrien?!"

"Wh-what?!"

"I had a vision too. Us kissing and you, Adrien, transforming into Chat!" She explained. "Is...is it really you?"

"Well... yeah!" I replied sheepishly.

She groaned as she buried her face in her hands.

"Hey...are you disappointed is was me?" I asked, unsure.

"What?! No! Of course not! Why would I be disappointed! It was you who would be! Who'd expect Ladybug to be me? You, you're Adrien! You're the most kind, amazing soul I know and the person who I had the biggest crush on. But now I can see that you're Chat. My Chaton. You're brave, selfless, and much more than that. If anything, you deserve a better Ladybug." She rambled on.

"B-but, it's you who's the amazing one! Under my name, I'm just no one! You always stand up for others, and you have so much responsibility! You're the most reliable, funny, smart, brave and beautiful girl I know. With or without the mask." I replied to her, with a huge smile plastered on my face.

A smile slowly morphed its way into her face as well, and she whispered, "Do you really mean it?"

I stepped closer to her once again, tilting her head up so that her eyes would meet mine.

"Of course. Would I lie to you, Bugaboo?"

"My Silly Kitten. I love you, all of you."

That was all I needed to bend down and press my lips to her. This was not how either of us planned the reveal to go, but we couldn't be happier.

I guess it really was time's play, destiny's pen wrote it for this very day.

Or perhaps, it simply was the magic of the Miraculous, a magic vision, a memory, silently telling us, it finally was the time.

Telling me, it was the time to finally call her mine.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝔹𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕜 ℂ𝕒𝕥 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕃𝕒𝕕𝕪 𝕃𝕦𝕔𝕜 🎉