14

❣︎

❣︎

The next day, Sunghoon awoke to the feeling of solitude. He shot up straight from the couch, his eyes drifting over to Eunbi's room. The door was open, lock slightly twisted 20 degrees to the right, rug moved two inches forward. He noticed all the details and came barrelling straight towards her room.

There was no one.

She was gone.

Where did she go? His brows furrowed in confusion, his feet dragging him straight to all the corners and the rooms inside the house, repeatedly calling her name. However, there was no reply.

She disappeared.

Why so suddenly?

Eunbi would usually call his name, wake him up, and tell him where she was going first before exiting the house. To see the apartment suddenly empty without prior notice, it made him feel uneasy. Various thoughts filled his head and he felt the anxiety weighing down on him.

He couldn't lose her. Not right now. She'll come back, right? He had hope that she'd come back since she still had all her things in the apartment.

So he waited.

And waited.

The moment Eunbi walked inside the door three hours later, carrying a huge box in one hand, the other holding a plastic bag, she called for Sunghoon.

"Sunghoon! Sorry, I met up with my mom and she bought me something. Look at the--"

She couldn't even finish her sentence when Sunghoon came running, tackling her into a tight hug. She dropped the things she was carrying, shocked by the sudden behavior of the ghost.

"What's up with you?"

"Please don't leave so suddenly. You didn't tell me where you were going," he spoke, his voice barely a whisper.

"Okay, I'm sorry." Eunbi apologized, rubbing smooth circles on his back to console the male.

"Never leave me again."

"I won't."

❣︎