19

❣︎

❣︎

What did he mean? Ice accident? Coma? Eunbi couldn't sleep a wink that night. She formulated possible conclusions in her mind but none of them seemed to add up. She was confused albeit there was a blossoming hope within her. Sunghoon is still here somewhere!

The next morning, she decided to go outside and clear her head. Saying goodbye to a sleepy Taki, she headed out the door, ambling along the peaceful streets of the subdivision. While walking, dazed in her own thoughts, she bumped into a woman carrying groceries along the way. She looked to be in her late forties, wearing an elegant black dress that Eunbi found quite odd, considering the hot weather.

"Oh, I'm really sorry!" Eunbi bowed to the elder, hurriedly crouching to pick up the fallen items on the ground.

The woman simply smiled, helping her pick up the products. "It's okay, dear. Don't worry."

As Eunbi picked up the fallen items, she noticed the number of ingredients the woman had bought. Cornstarch, flour, sugar, a packet of oil - it seemed like she was going to bake something.

"Is there a celebration, Ma'am?" Eunbi asked, trying to lighten the mood as she finished placing the items back into the plastic bag.

A delicate smile appeared on the woman's face. "Yes, there is. Actually...would you like to come with me?"

Eunbi was taken aback for a second but seeing the kind smile on the woman's face, she couldn't refuse the offer. "Is it really okay for me to tag along?" She asked for assurance, wondering why the woman would want to invite a complete stranger like her.

"Of course, dear. Come along."

❣︎