Untitled Fable

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Harry?" she asked. The healer nodded and sent a patronus to him before holding Hermione's hand once more.

"He's going to be okay, Miss Granger," the healer promised. Hermione just nodded numbly, staring straight ahead and trying to remember what Draco's injuries had been. Before she could get too lost in thought, the front doors burst open and Harry raced into the waiting room wearing his pajama bottoms and a t shirt that did not match.

"Hermione!" he exclaimed. He dropped onto the seat beside her and hugged her tightly. Over her shoulder, he nodded at the healer and said, "Thank you."

The healer nodded and disappeared, leaving Hermione and Harry alone in the waiting room.

"Hermione, what happened?" Harry asked, pulling back to look at her. Her eyes were wide and she was clearly in shock, but seemed otherwise okay.

"Draco was attacked by a werewolf," Hermione answered. She blinked at him and there were tears in her eyes. She frowned and wiped them away, wondering where they had come from before looking back at Harry. "He apparated to my apartment and I brought him here, but he was unconscious."

Harry pursed his lips and hugged her again. Hermione didn't cry, but she was shaking ever so slightly. They waited for an hour like that before a healer came back and said they could see him.

"He's stable for now," the healer explained, opening the door to Draco's room. "He was bit, but it's not a full moon so we're not sure what to expect. We'll probably keep him here for another day after he wakes up just to monitor his symptoms and determine how badly the bites affected him."

Hermione and Harry nodded, thanking her for the update before walking into the room. Hermione stared at Draco for several seconds. His shoulder was covered in bandages and he looked peaceful as he slept.

"I need to call Ginny to let her know everything is okay," Harry told her. Hermione nodded and moved further into the room while Harry stepped out.

She settled down in a chair beside Draco's bed and looked around the room. It was pretty bare. No books and only a stock photo for decoration. It was good he wouldn't be there for long or he was certain to go insane with the bland room.

Hermione stayed in Draco's room with him while Harry contacted Ginny and Mrs. Malfoy. Once both had been informed of what had happened, Harry returned to Hermione's side by Draco's bed.

"One of us should stay so he doesn't wake up alone," Harry suggested. Hermione nodded, though she wasn't sure she'd be leaving after seeing Draco collapse on her living room floor. For as long as they'd been partners, she still didn't like seeing him injured. She didn't like seeing any of the aurors injured, but it struck differently when it was her own partner who was hurt.

"I can stay if you'd like to go back to Ginny," Hermione offered. Harry tried to argue with her, but Hermione insisted. "I'm not going to sleep tonight, Harry, not after seeing him collapse in my living room. You should go home and I'll send a patronus if there are any updates, okay?"

"Okay," Harry agreed finally. He leaned forward and pressed a kiss to Hermione's forehead before leaving the room.

Hermione didn't remember falling asleep beside Draco's hospital bed, but she was very aware of someone holding her hand tightly when she woke up. Groggily, she looked up to see Draco sitting up on his bed, eyes wide. As she moved, his attention snapped back to her and she rubbed her face to try and wake herself up more.

"Hermione?" he whispered. Hermione nodded, propping her chin up on her hand and looking up at him tiredly. "What happened? Why am I at St. Mungo's?"