Chapter Twenty One

~ Gabriel Pov~

For the past two weeks, has been pretty much the same thing. Getting sick and hardly ate anything but Angie and my mother had to force me to eat something even though it won't stay down.

Luke have been coming over giving me missing work from school, then he would turn it all in the next day. I don't know how i can thank him for looking out for me otherwise i would be in jeopardy with my schoolwork. I want to graduate this year, i've been looking forward to this day since i was younger; and after watching Angie walking across the stage the year before last in New York from her high school. And now this is my time, i still couldn't believe i've made it this far.

I remember telling my mother how much i've hated school all those times she would hold my hand and walk me to the front doors of the elementary school. And she'd tell me to just hang in there and that i'll be out in no time when the time come. And here i am getting out. School went by pretty fast to me but in a way i was glad, so i don't have to deal with all this hate and torture from everyone. Especially having to deal with Zayn, who of all people hated me the most. 

I stood before my mirror applying foundation to a fade away bruise on my cheekbone. My face healed and i was glad because i would hate for anyone to see how hideous i looked. Then i set down my foundation onto the dresser and my fingers found the bottom hem of my shirt. I'm almost hesitant to lift my shirt but my hands reach down in the end, lifting up my shirt to reveal my still flat stomach. I tore my eyes away from the mirror to stare down at it, grazing my fingers over my cold bare stomach.

It seems pretty crazy to me to picture myself actually having a baby. Its like one of those things that you never think would happen to you. I sighed to myself, focusing my eyes on my innie belly button. I quickly pull down my shirt, hearing my bedroom door opened to see Angie poking her head in.

"Hey, i'm sorry if i may-"

I shook my head. "No, no its fine." I said grabbing my backpack. Its my first day back after all those days i've missed and i was getting kind of nervous. "I was just on my way out. Luke's going to be here any minute now."

I made my way past Angie and we both headed downstairs. We both went into the kitchen, i didn't have time to make breakfast so i grabbed an orange from the fruit bowl. I know i won't be able to eat it but i grabbed it anyway for Angie's sake. "Gabby, are you comfortable about going to school? I mean, you won't have any problems?" Angie asked with concern in her voice.

I gave her small smile, I really don't want to go but i have to. "I'm sure. Don't worry about me." I said.

She gave a nod, then she gave me a hug. We stayed like that until my mother walked in and we pulled apart from our hug. "You're about to go?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. Luke should be here any minute now." Thats when my phone buzzed in my pocket, i grabbed for it to see Luke has messaged me and that he's waiting for me outside. "Thats him. He's waiting outside." I looked up at the both of them.

My mother made her over to me and gave me a hug. I could hear her emitting a huge sigh as if trying not to cry, i rubbed her back in comfort. "I'm going to be fine, mum." i told her. I felt her nod in my shoulder, then we pulled away.

"Okay, i don't want you to be late." My mother say dabbing at the corners of her eyes. "If anything, you give me a call, you hear me?"

I nodded. "Okay." Angie and i gave each other another hug, then i was out the door to see Luke sitting in the car waiting on me. I waved at my mother and Angie whose stood on the porch waving back, then i got into the passenger side, putting on my seat belt.