Chapter Eight

Everyone in the dining room and I took my seat. Luke sat next to me and Zayn sat across from me. Pierre next to Zayn, so Luke's sitting across from her. I looked up at Zayn who had a smirk on his face from earlier in the foyer. I furrowed my brow in confusion and looked away.What the hell is he smiling about? I thought to myself while everyone passing around dishes to fill their plates. I felt a hand on my bare knee and looked over to see Luke giving me a smile. I blushed at the contact and i smiled back. He took his hand away to grab a bowl of salad that was handed to him by his mother who was sitting next to him on the other side of him.

The dinner was great and it seemed like a very nice evening so far. Then we had dessert. "Pamela, this key lime pie is delicious." Luke's mother, Olivia commented. 

"Thank you. With all the help from my lovely daughter." My mum smiled turning to me which i smiled.

Then we heard a coughing, everyone turned to see Pierre with her hand to her mouth coughing. "Are you alright, dear?" Zayn's mother, Trish asked concerned.

Pierre cleared her throat. "Oh yeah, i'm fine. Just something caught in my throat is all." She made another coughing sound and looked at me with a smirk.

I just shook my head, she's such a fake. "Yeah, well, maybe you should be careful. We would hate to see you choke." Luke spoke up beside me raising a glass water to lips, while Pierre glaring daggers at him.

I couldn't believe he said that, i almost choked on my pie at that. "Maybe you should shut up, Hemmings." Zayn stepped in defending his girlfriend.

"No , maybe you should, Malik." Luke glared at him. 

"Boys. Hey, thats enough." Trish say sternly  looking in between both boys who too busy glaring at each other from the across the dinner table. 

"Babe, forget about him, okay?" Pierre mumbled to Zayn, who's eyes not removing from Luke's.

"Luke, please." I say rubbing his arm, he tensed a bit then relaxed at my touch. He turned to me then let out a deep breath, forking away at his pie.

I turned towards Zayn to find him staring right at me, he looked angry. I felt goosebumps forming on my arms, he couldn't keep his eyes  off of me. He looks surely pissed i don't know why, i haven't done anything wrong. His girlfriend was acting all bitchy and my best friend, Luke jumped in for me. And as for me, i haven't done not a thing.

I could see his firm grip on his fork while stabbing at his pie, his eyes not leaving mine. They were dark and cold looking. And i was getting quite scared, i never seen him look like this. I couldn't just sit there under his gaze.

"Would you all excuse me for a moment?" I say politely as i got up from my chair. Knowing my way around the house i found the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I stood in front of the mirror with both of hands resting on either side of the sink. What is up with Zayn? Why is he angry with me? I kept asking myself so many questions and there's not a single answer to one of them. I wish there's an explanation to all this.

I took a look at myself in the mirror and letting out a deep breath before i let myself out. I opened the door and started down the hall. This is such a big house, i'm surprised i didn't get lost but i've been here many times when Zayn and I were friends. Just as i was halfway down the hall to join the others, i felt myself being pulled into a room with the door shut followed by a clicking sound of the lock.

I became frightened. I looked around to find myself in a guest room. Then I turned to see no one other than Zayn with the same look he given before i left the table. "Why'd you leave?" He asked taking a step towards me while i backing away. "Huh?"

"I-I .." I stuttered.

"What you say?" He say taking steps towards me.

"Zayn this is not the time-" Before i can finish i felt a sting to my cheek. He slapped me causing me  to yelp in pain.

"Not the time for what?" He say through gritted teeth. "Huh?"

"Please, s-stop-" I tried to say but was slapped again with the back of his hand, i felt tears running down my cheek that stung. I held my throbbing cheek turning away from him so he doesn't have to see me crying in front of him.

I felt warm breath close to my ear."Luke's not here save your little bitchy ass." He hissed. "You're pathetic." 

I still didn't turn to look at him and i don't want to. He really hurt me; after what he just said hurted me even more. Thats when i heard the door slam i assume he left. I sat at the edge of the made bed my face buried in my hands while I sobbed in tears.

A/N:: Sorry for the short chapter, i'll make it up to you.