Chapter 2: Sudden Acknowledgment

Shimi's Note: Forgive me for putting in info dumps(?) I don't know what it's called but I hope this chapter doesn't confuse you all..

Kaneki's POV...

"I thought I was the only one?!" the black-haired shouted, pointing an accusing finger at me.

"...."

"Damn! Does that mean I'm not the main lead?!"

I silently look at him. What is this guy talking about? It was like he was offended by me being here. I couldn't help but think.

What kind of dream situation is this?

Even though this behavior took me by surprise, I didn't think up a reasonable response and chose to play along. What's the harm in whatever I say in the dream?

"It seems to me I'm not the only one.." I spoke.

"Yeah. Go figure.." he spat.

"...."

I only stared right at him and his scary eyes glared right back at me. This is new.

He has this intense angry stare and annoyed expression on his face, his mouth forming a frown while he grits his teeth. His hand even formed a fist, almost like his threatening to punch me.

I narrowed my eyes. To be hated like this, this kind of scene is so random to be coincidentally created by my mind. 

Now that I notice it, normally, my dream consists of me being blamed along with background noise of slaughter and gore out in the open but this one had none of it. 

Not to mention, this dream seems too realistic to be a 'dream'.

..But didn't I just take a nap?

I tried recollecting what had happened so far.

I went inside a forest as ordered by Aogiri and met up with the new members in the designated place. After meeting up with that red panda-masked ghoul, I decided to take a nap inside the abandoned building, and no sooner after that, I heard the sound of hooves. 

It was only a brief moment and before I knew it, I was already here.

In a place, I'd never been to. 

I tried to think up any common sense in this situation but this only brought more questions to be filled. At first, I thought my brain practically flew out of the window, maybe after cannibalizing ghoul flesh - resulting in me hallucinating and having this dream. And yet, I can't help but have second thoughts about this.

..Could this really be a dream?

I looked around me, ignoring the glares coming from the black-haired teen.

Medieval-styled houses lined with bricks and wood, old-styled carriages, and a brick-made road. Did I warp myself in some kind of theatre play? But what does that explain to those huge Komodo dragons carrying carriages instead of horses? No-velociraptors? Where exactly did I end up? It seems like I'm in some kind of district..

The people around and their questionable appearances. They have animal ears and one was a dog-man being with a full set of armor. Are they cosplaying? But my nose is sensing different kinds of aromas in each of them. Not to mention, I can also hear the sounds of their hearts beating in motion.

I looked up at the sky. The sun almost made me blind at the sight. The numbness from my skin took me a while to realize the feeling of heat coming from the sun. I'm even sweating inside due to my heavy clothing attire. I can also feel the soft wind, gently blowing my hair.